• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Star Industries Demolition grapple

Legdoc

I looked at a Star Industries (Ft. Worth, Texas) 72" demolition grade root grapple yesterday. It looked very solid ($2,800.00) and 950 Lbs.
Anyone with experience with this product or other Star products? Also Construction Equipment has a very heavy duty grapple. Please comment!
Legdoc

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
I bought a Pirhanha (or some such) off of EBay a few years ago. I use it for farm type demo, large rock moving, etc. i'm thinking it was 600# or so. After not too much use I probably added 300# of reinforcement to it, wishing I had done it before I bent it. So the initial weight of that one pleases me.

My biggest issue is with hoses. Mine come out of the top- center of the grapple. I use a bungee hooked to the ROPS to keep them up out of the pinch points in general work. But when I go to dump in a truck or on top of a brush pile I have to unhook the bungee strap. I would be much happier if mine exited the end and could run right up the lift arm to the quick connects. I guess I could buy one from Cat and it would...Just my .02.