• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stanley MB800 hammer nitrogen refill question

santafepa

Hi, I have a Stanley mb800 hammer thats been working great for years, but now the impact rate slowed down alot and i was told it needs a Nitrogen recharge. is this common for a hammer to be recharged occasionaly? or does it mean seals are blown out and needs major overhaul? Thanks

crewchief888

Hi, I have a Stanley mb800 hammer thats been working great for years, but now the impact rate slowed down alot and i was told it needs a Nitrogen recharge. is this common for a hammer to be recharged occasionaly? or does it mean seals are blown out and needs major overhaul? Thanks

yes they do need to be recharged occasionally.

if you see any external oil leaks you're probably due for an overhaul.

typically a low nitrogen charge will give you a fast, hit, and your hoses may be jumping around more than usual.
you may want to have your machine's hyd pump tested for flow and relief setting before you go too far.
if your quick couplers are old, they may cause the flow rate to slow.

:drinkup