• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stablizer cylinder locked Cat TH-63

U8u812

I was using my TH-63 today, and one of the stabilizers locked in down position and won't lift. The cylinder is about 75% extended, and will not raise or lower more. Seems like the lock valve is set. I can move the machine if I tilt it all the way over, lifting the stabilizer foot so it barely touches ground. Another bit of info, I just replaced the 4 long lines from stabilizer control valve to junction just before the stabilizer assembally. I did cycle them a couple times, but is it possible it locked due ot air in system? The manual says to bleed it by cycleing, which I did, but maybe not enough.

Any idea what is best way to unlock lock valve, can I loosen a line? One of the lines is very stiff and seems to be under pressure. With machine tilted, & foot off ground, there should be no pressure on cylinder other due to lock valve. There is no access to lock valve release nut without removeing the whole cylinder.