• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

sprocket puller/press

PJHill

I find myself in need of a sprocket puller/press to replace some leaky seals. Anybody know of any for sale?

crane operator

You're going to have to be a little more specific on what you need. Are we talking 20 ton pullers, 100 ton shop press, hollow ram cylinders?

I get a lot of specialty tools off ebay, I only search for used items, and try not to buy anything new chinese built for tooling.

.RC.

They come up for sale occasionally. They are usually quite expensive.
A person adept at fabrication could make up something using single acting hollow rams.

Although for the top pinion hub you need the correct pullers, of which there is currently one of them on ebay along with some of the tooling. Not cheap though.

Tyler d4c

There was a guy on Facebook looking to sell one today on one of the service truck groups you could try to find it

tctractors

There is a 105 ton cylinder for sale on the Antique Caterpillar Machinery site, with a 105 cylinder you can tackle most any rim from a D2 to a D9, but you will need the tooling and the brains to use the stuff, plus you need the 10'000 psi pump to move things and a OTC C Spanner, I have 3 cylinders left and about 1 1/2 tons of tooling for CAT Komatsu and Fiat, when you get stuff I will be happy to tell you anything that might be of help, what rims are you looking to pull??? oh' and avoid reading to many service books and most of the Facetube video's have been done by Nutters that need to ley down in a dark room until their Mom gets back from the Bar, anyhow best of luck. tctractors

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
You're going to have to be a little more specific on what you need. Are we talking 20 ton pullers, 100 ton shop press, hollow ram cylinders?

I get a lot of specialty tools off ebay, I only search for used items, and try not to buy anything new chinese built for tooling.
Stop bidding against me! This stuff is getting expensive! :p

PJHill

thanks for the help tylerd4c

tctractors- i specifically need to pull the rim on a d65-6, thanks for documenting your work in that thread

tctractors

thanks for the help tylerd4c

tctractors- i specifically need to pull the rim on a d65-6, thanks for documenting your work in that thread
Well the Komatsu stuff is fixed up similar but not the same, the D65 has a twin path roller bearing on the outer location and you will need a C Spanner, the Dash 6 is Cummins powered and a nice tractor, don't be thinking that you will get many parts from Komatsu for it as they leave off things at around 20 years old, I do have all the tooling for Komatsu's up to 155 size, if you were handy in the U.K. I would knock it down next week.
tctractors.

Reactions: DB2

Mike L

Occupation
If I had a good local independent mechanic, I wouldn't have to buy tooling. I hear they are all moving to texas. :)

not to worry. I don’t mind traveling. Probably not more than 8 hours or so to get to the job site.

Mike L

Occupation
Stop bidding against me! This stuff is getting expensive!

Stop buying stuff.
Less crap to move.

Joe H

o_O Stop buying tools? What kind of strange language are you speaking? Half the fun of being a mechanic is having all kinds of cool stuff to play with.