• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Splitting auxiliary hydraulic

grsabourin

I would like to know if some one have advice about how I can split auxiliary output on my small excavator. Ideally, I would like split the auxiliary to 3 outputs. I do not want use the 3 output at the same time. I just want to select a particular output.

Thank you

lumberjack

Use two electric splitter valves, first valve's aux port feeds the second valves input. Then it's a simple wiring setup and hey presto, 3 outputs.

I'll be adding a second and maybe third output on a Kubota KX121 soon.

grsabourin

Yes It is this kind of solution I have checked but I have difficulty to find the right valve type. Do you have a link on this valve type?

Thank you

grsabourin

Not a lot This is what I plan to do with outputs
1 = Thumb
2 = bucket quick attach cylinder ( very small )
3 = 8 tons hydraulic winch

Casetractorman

Occupation
Manager .. Monroe Tractor and Implement Co. Inc.
I added a hydraulic quick attach to my Case Hoe a couple years ago and would like to do the same .. aux. runs the thumb and I have it plumbed with quick attach fittings .. I disconnect and reconnect every time I change buckets .. would have been further ahead getting a mechanical quick attach .. regardless .. would like to split with a selector valve but need 24V .. any thoughts ??

johndeere123

I used a komatsu that had a JRB pin grabber quick attach, and to un hook the bucket you flipped the switch and curled the bucket in until it went over the relief. When the bucket went over the relief if un hooked the bucket and you were ready to hook up again. Not sure how it was plumbed, but it worked good. Couldnt you just unhook the thumb quick connects and pin the thumb in place when using the winch, or do you need the 2 at one time?

johndeere123

for a grapple I have seen manual splitters put on the thumb and dump cylinders. when you put the grapple on you just plug in 4 quick connects and turn the 2 splitters. Then your foot pedal opens and closes the grapple and your dump lever spins it.

lumberjack

Yes, that is one way to do it, but with a rigid rotator bucket curl is a valuable degree of freedom.

I don't want anything on the dipper to be damaged so I'm already running lines, might as well get an electric valve as well.