• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

South Floridas heavy civil market

Beel

Anyone here own or work for a dirt contractor in south florida? I worked there for 3.5 years and am looking at starting a small excavating company near miami once things turn around. Am I doomed? Any comments would be great. Thanks. :usa

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
Hello,

I run asphalt milling machines and have been run out of Florida so many times over low pay issues, its rediculous for me to even look for work there anymore.

There are SO many construction companies in the metro dade area its unreal. Unless you have someone with an inside scoop to work you will be doomed for sure.

You might consider machine rentals? subbing on larger jobs for the larger contractors?