• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Something broken-Komatsu PC35mr-2

Dwight K

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some help. I have a recently purchased 2007 Komatsu PC35mr-2 excavator for making trails on our land. I have no prior experience with excavators. The track popped off yesterday. I googled it and was able to get the track back on no problem. Followed the instructions.... bled the grease, fixed the rubber track back in place and filled the grease again until the specified tension was set. Today track came off again (right side) both sprocket and idler.... went to fixed it and saw what looked like a rock pushing up against the idler but on 2nd look, it looks like a piece of broken metal Excuse my ignorence here... Can someone identify what piece this is and what I need to do to get it fixed. Thanks,IMG_0379.jpgIMG_0380.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
With the track off pull the idler assembly from the frame it should look very similar to the attached.
Kind regards
Uffex
upload_2022-8-28_8-47-5.png

Mike_27

Hey Mike,
So just remove the broken section of #13....if thats what it is? What IS that piece anyway? Im not understanding its use. Thanks
If you pull the idler assembly, just remove the bolts labeled 14 in that diagram.
I think it is meant to clean the idler wheel.
Earlier diagrams call it a "Cover", later diagrams call it "Protection".
This later diagram has a better illustration of it:
Screenshot_2022-08-28_22-25-42.png

Vetech63

It's a debris guard. It keeps rock and limbs from getting in between the sprocket and the yoke. You can run without it if you like, just check the area there every once in a while. You would be surprised at how much metal a stuck rock in there can remove from your idler.

Dwight K

It's a debris guard. It keeps rock and limbs from getting in between the sprocket and the yoke. You can run without it if you like, just check the area there every once in a while. You would be surprised at how much metal a stuck rock in there can remove from your idler.
Thanks!!