• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

Randy88

Tom, I can't compliment you enough on designing your cutting torch setup to cut those sprockets off. Could you post of photo of a close up of how you mounted the cutting head, so you can angle it to do the bevel.

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Tom, I can't compliment you enough on designing your cutting torch setup to cut those sprockets off. Could you post of photo of a close up of how you mounted the cutting head, so you can angle it to do the bevel.

Randy I took it apart already but it's no big deal to assemble it again, I'll put it together and take a few pics in the near future.

TOM V

Occupation
Randy, here are the pieces that make up the sprocket cutter. 3/8" plate with a 3/4"-16 nut welded on and a 12mm hole drilled at one end, a leg from my OTC 17 ton push-puller, torch holder off my track torch, and a short 2 hose machine torch.
The axle on the AKERMAN is threaded M12-1.75 and I lubed up the washers and snugged up the bolt until the tool was rigid but had a smooth pull.
IMAG0091-A.jpgIMAG0092.jpgIMAG0093-A.jpgIMAG0095.jpg

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Cool pictures. I love to see all these working trucks and other equipments. I'm hoping to see more lots of pictures! :usa

dabsfabs

Just shows how under prepared I am for some of the work might come across. Do you only use it for Akerman or do you use it on other makes. Good pictures.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
you must have the corner on akermans! I have never even seen one at auction or for sale in publications. anyway as I have said before your work is amazing and it inspires me to strive to improve, and this thread makes the hole industry better...................theironoracle

mitch504

That Akerman said Volvo on it, didn't it? I was wondering myself as I had never seen one with Akerman on it.

TOM V

Occupation
Mitch, that Akerman H16D did say volvo on it, some one painted it the wrong colors and put the volvo decals on it.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Tom v, dumb question but have you purchased any of the different nozzles for your sure shot sprayers? If you have gotten nozzles from who? What kind works best for what? I see them listed on milwaukies website but can't find anyone that sells them online. Besides brake kleen what else to you carry in them? Thanks.........tio

George catman

G'day Tom,

Where could I buy a track pin removal tool with power pack and import it to Australia, they would be super handy over here?

Cheers

TOM V

Occupation
Tom v, dumb question but have you purchased any of the different nozzles for your sure shot sprayers? If you have gotten nozzles from who? What kind works best for what? I see them listed on milwaukies website but can't find anyone that sells them online. Besides brake kleen what else to you carry in them? Thanks.........tio

The SURE SHOT sprayers I have come standard to spray a mist, or you can remove the spiral pin to have a stream spray.
I use the mist with kroil and the stream with brakleen.

TOM V

Occupation
G'day Tom,

Where could I buy a track pin removal tool with power pack and import it to Australia, they would be super handy over here?

Cheers

George, I would try BIGNOZZI in Italy or MARUMA TECHNICA, they have a distributor in the UK.
Regards, TOM V

billyboy890

Occupation
driven pre cast piler from the uk currently workin
we have Akermans over here converted into pre cast pile driving machines,great machines

jpow

hey tom where do you buy your threaded press rods? sizes ? thanks for your input your the man jp from minnesota.