• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

mega

Chisumtrail

Occupation
Parts changer
Break any bolts in the roller frame, I don't like those full length guides.

bwaa

thanks for all the pics very interesting stuff your service truck makes us all jealous whats your hourly $ rate we could use a guy like you around here not to many independants left you are surely a dieing breed good luck and all the best kcco

agreed, we probably cant afford him though!

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
bwaa, like ATCO's punchline says he is priceless, not expensive..........theironoracle

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
thanks for all the pics very interesting stuff your service truck makes us all jealous whats your hourly $ rate we could use a guy like you around here not to many independants left you are surely a dieing breed good luck and all the best kcco

Thanks, I charge $95.00 per hour for labor.

theironoracle

Occupation
Tomv, i am wanting to buy a shop(single phase) cv welder to power my suitcase extreme, any later model miller welders you would suggest? I don't quite understand what i need by looking at millers website......thanks........theironoracle

TOM V

Occupation
Tomv, i am wanting to buy a shop(single phase) cv welder to power my suitcase extreme, any later model miller welders you would suggest? I don't quite understand what i need by looking at millers website......thanks........theironoracle

You don't have too many choices, I think I would go with a XMT 350 cc/cv.
Good luck.

dbl612

Occupation
crane operator
You don't have too many choices, I think I would go with a XMT 350 cc/cv.
Good luck.
excellant choice, have three in shop, have been workhorses. they are inverter style, miller used to make a single-phase cv power source that was pretty rugged called a shopmaster. inverter gets my 1st choice though.

theironoracle

Occupation
thanks, tomv, i will pick one of those up next time i have a project that requires it. i did buy one of those shopmasters for one of my former employers shops it was hard to find because they didn't make them then either and had to look at lots of auctions....thanks again.......theironoracle

KevD815

Hey Tom, i saw KGM's EC160 with a mangled cab back around Christmas. Saw it the other day and its lokks like its back in action. Was that one of your projects?

TOM V

Occupation
Hey Tom, i saw KGM's EC160 with a mangled cab back around Christmas. Saw it the other day and its lokks like its back in action. Was that one of your projects?

No, I did not do the repair on their machine.

SE-Ia Cowman

Hey Tom how do you charge for your line boring is it $95/hr plus a boring fee or do you do a lot by the hole as a flat rate ?
I have been trying to do as much as I can by the hole as long as I have done that particular job before. It also helps that our local cat dealer will give a flat rate for a paticular hole on any cat machine, I try to stay at about 75% of there price.

jjimbo

Occupation
Field mechanic/ owner operator
Tom great stuff what stick is that on your truck. I do line boring my self have the 308 using york bars climax feed and spinning it with hydraulic motor. Are you in brs add? Great work most interesting.