• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

Mr. Butcher.

Ray, thats the way that i do them, cutting along the bushing but not all the way through, but i try two cuts at opposite sides then as its cooling tapping it out, next time though ill try welding it internally and cooling it with water. Thanks guys much Appreciated!:notworthy

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Here's the last one, a 1998 C7500 with a STI body and 10k crane, served me well for 10 years.
7500 service truck.jpg

TOM V

Occupation
Here's a few pics from today, an EC21O with some undercarraige issues.
EC210 001.jpgEC210 005.jpgEC210 006.jpgEC210 010.jpgEC210 011.jpg
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

bigshow

The man even took the time to neatly pile up the pads, VERY nice.
I have been looking through this thread and must say, you sir are a true professional. Happy new years.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The man even took the time to neatly pile up the pads, VERY nice.

Had to stack 'em up, so he could rest the bucket on the pile to keep the scrap thieves from carrying the pads off. ;)

Baffles me why anyone would drive the sprockets until they're nothing but nubs. Oh well, :rolleyes:

Logan

Occupation
Logger excavator operator and dad.
Awesome thread Thank You Tom. Have been following and admiring the engineering. Not familiar with Volvo excavs but, wtf happened to the sprocket? Do they seriously get that worn out or are volvos a different design?. If they are supposed to be like most sprocket teeth then I'm freakin gobsmacked how worn those are. Looks like somebody has been doing wheelies inside the track chains with them. Amazing stuff. Thanks again for posting.

dirty4fun

Talk about getting his money's worth out of the drive sprockets. Had to be slipping and eating up the chain, I would think. Wonder why they let them go that far, knowing the extra wear that have has to been caused. Guess that only causes job security for you Tom, thanks for sharing.

TOM V

Occupation
I am going to say this is a result of this bad economy, people putting repairs off until they can't use their machinery.
EC210 012.jpg
Hope 2012 is a little better.

dirty4fun

He sure got everything out of them. Since you pulled the pads I asume you are putting new chains and installing the old pads, or at least new pins and bushings.

bigshow

I am gonna ask a question that may have an obvious answer, do those two sprockets have the same hours on them? And if they do, why the HUGE difference in wear?

I can't imagine that one sprocket holding the chain on 2:1 slope, seems the chain would just jump the teeth and down you would go.......make for a fun day anyways.

TOM V

Occupation
I am gonna ask a question that may have an obvious answer, do those two sprockets have the same hours on them? And if they do, why the HUGE difference in wear?

I can't imagine that one sprocket holding the chain on 2:1 slope, seems the chain would just jump the teeth and down you would go.......make for a fun day anyways.

Yes they have the same amount of hours but the right side was worn considerably more.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner

I've seen this alot on crawler dozers/loaders - never on an excavator.
Some operators seem to favour one side of machine, obviously the RHS on this one has done more rotations than LHS.
thanx Tom

TOM V

Occupation
Here's some from today, broken roller bolts slowed me down a little bit, but I'm getting it done.EC210 014.jpgEC210 015.jpgEC210 017.jpg

KevD815

Ouch! Those sprockets are in rough shape! Are you ready for tomarrows high of 23 degrees? I'll be layin on a nice concrete floor doin some trunion stand repairs on a Mack RD. Stay warm out there!

TOM V

Occupation
Ouch! Those sprockets are in rough shape! Are you ready for tomarrows high of 23 degrees? I'll be layin on a nice concrete floor doin some trunion stand repairs on a Mack RD. Stay warm out there!
That's why I worked today until 6:00, to take advantage of the 40 degree weather.

dirty4fun

Looks like the cold isn't going to last to long this time. Maybe back to 50 by Friday here, then cool off but nothing real bad, as of yet. Been a heck of mild winter so far.