• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some random pics

nedly05

That is a sweet looking 110.:)

What do you plan on using it for septics, basements or a all-a-round machine?

thanks, it will be an all around machine, a little bit of everything!

Haven't used them much. Worked for wages for 3 months on a construction site. I have hauled a few loads with the truck and moved the excavator and a backhoe. Hopefully will be better informed and prepared next season. Truck and trailer working well,

Looks very nice timmy, did you buy a 50D?

nedly05

You're pics got me all excited timmy, For some reason I just love pics of a machine on a tag trailer behind a tandem!

Attachments

• 0901101034.jpg
    0901101034.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,411
  • 0921100953-1.jpg
    0921100953-1.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,425

Colorado Digger

nedly, looks like you deal with the same thing. pretty place to live, lots of rock. nice pics. how many hours on that 70? looks like you have got you're moneys worth out of that machine

nedly05

nedly, looks like you deal with the same thing. pretty place to live, lots of rock. nice pics. how many hours on that 70? looks like you have got you're moneys worth out of that machine

I guess that must be why I like your pics so much, we have a lot in common (just your operation is much larger!) the 70 has 4000 hrs on it now. It has been a great machine, knock on wood. It's a real performer for it's size, we use that machine more than the big ones.

Colorado Digger

yeah, i had a bobcat 442. brand new. good size machine. it seemed to run hot a it burned quite a bit of motor oil in the first 300 hours. for 95k i sent it back for another 435. i dont think the 442 did twice as much work as a 435. and for twicw as much it did not add uo. i also had a L-B 135, that was a sweety. good reach for sewer and water, easy to move, fit on a trailer nice. i like having the 210's. everything is the same about them apart from the x2 takes different fuel filters. the 110 will fit you nice. just remember , give youreslf a little more room. if you are used to a zero tail it is easy to ding up the counterweight cuase you think if the tracks fit the machine does too!

nedly05

yeah, i had a bobcat 442. brand new. good size machine. it seemed to run hot a it burned quite a bit of motor oil in the first 300 hours. for 95k i sent it back for another 435. i dont think the 442 did twice as much work as a 435. and for twicw as much it did not add uo. i also had a L-B 135, that was a sweety. good reach for sewer and water, easy to move, fit on a trailer nice. i like having the 210's. everything is the same about them apart from the x2 takes different fuel filters. the 110 will fit you nice. just remember , give youreslf a little more room. if you are used to a zero tail it is easy to ding up the counterweight cuase you think if the tracks fit the machine does too!

Yeah, I was thinking about printing out a little thing that says TAIL SWING and taping it by the gauges, I am just way too spoiled by the zero tail swing!

nedly05

I had to move some iron this AM and planned on taking some pics, but of course I forgot the camera.The 410-G is up to it's old tricks again, it overheated loading trucks the other day, so I shut it down, and when I could I checked the coolant. I couldn't see any, so I added a gallon and topped it off. Once it was full I noticed there was a scum of oil on top of the coolant. Mechanic said get it to the shop, but don't road it. He thinks it may be the oil cooler, we should know early tomorrow AM. That machine has been a major dissapointment.

In the second pic, I was about to head out, and got a call that DOT was set up down the road, so I checked everything over extra carefully, and added the chain over the stick. When I went by they had the competition stopped, so they didn't bother me!

PS, the G'zone rock takes crappy pics, does anyone else have one?

Attachments

• 1122100945.jpg
    1122100945.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 1122101214-1.jpg
    1122101214-1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,302

nedly05

No pics yet, its in one of our pits being used as a loader at the moment, I will try to get some pics of it this week. It has that massive bucket on it, according to the tag its 1.047 yards, so you can load a truck damn quick! The 110 is the one I'm trimming the tracks on.

Last edited:

Colorado Digger

is it that big of a deal to be "wide" over there. the d.o.t. boys must be damn slow. i would never trim tracks down, but if it a big problem to move then it is your decision. i love wide track excavators- love em. would not own one without them.

nedly05

is it that big of a deal to be "wide" over there. the d.o.t. boys must be damn slow. i would never trim tracks down, but if it a big problem to move then it is your decision. i love wide track excavators- love em. would not own one without them.

I understand the benefit of wide tracks, If it were a newer machine it probably would 8'6" with wide pads, they seem to have reworked that size machine to be a legal width load. I am sure it's a danged if you do danged if you dont deal, but I'm moving forward with it at this point, time will tell!

Was your 135 legal width with wide pads?

Colorado Digger

yeah, it was was 8'6" all the talk of the 135 has got me bit sentimental. that was a good hoe. didn't burn any fuel, fast, quiet. well whatever.
good luck on the track trimming. i am sure you mad the best decision possible

nedly05

yeah, it was was 8'6" all the talk of the 135 has got me bit sentimental. that was a good hoe. didn't burn any fuel, fast, quiet. well whatever.
good luck on the track trimming. i am sure you mad the best decision possible

All the talk of the 135 has me wanting one!

Colorado Digger

nedly , you just got a new hoe. a 110 is a good machine. the 135 is bad ass maybe i don't know what you gave for the 110. but you could get a 135-linkbelt, deere, hitachi, komatsu 138- cat 314, case. something with 2500 hours for 40-50k. there was a kobelco ed 150 at the auction- brand new, 1200 hrs, had a thumb all the jazz- went for 58k. the guy had a note on it though it it did not pay it off so it never sold. but there are bargains out there. i will have pics of my new service truck monday.

nedly05

nedly , you just got a new hoe. a 110 is a good machine. the 135 is bad ass maybe i don't know what you gave for the 110. but you could get a 135-linkbelt, deere, hitachi, komatsu 138- cat 314, case. something with 2500 hours for 40-50k. there was a kobelco ed 150 at the auction- brand new, 1200 hrs, had a thumb all the jazz- went for 58k. the guy had a note on it though it it did not pay it off so it never sold. but there are bargains out there. i will have pics of my new service truck monday.

I know I know, I like the looks of that 135, I get all freeked up over pictures! the 110 will have to go someday though...

Look forward to seeing the new truck.

Colorado Digger

yeah, a 135 would be perfect for you. with a blade and thumb say a 36" bucket, lot's of guys run the long stick. no q/c. a coupler would be sweet with a 36" and a 54" clean up with a cutting edge. make some money then go abuse someone at the auction or elsewhere.

nedly05

yeah, a 135 would be perfect for you. with a blade and thumb say a 36" bucket, lot's of guys run the long stick. no q/c. a coupler would be sweet with a 36" and a 54" clean up with a cutting edge. make some money then go abuse someone at the auction or elsewhere.

Yeah Yeah, blade, thumb, coupler, 36" bucket and 60" tippy bucket! How do you keep track of the auctions?