• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some Phots Of Jobs

SKP 428

I started a new job with a different company . They had me finishing up a storm tec system . It is nice to get to run equipment again and not being a supervisor running crews .

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 521

D5G

could you please explain whats going on in those 3 pics I don't have a clue what any of that material is...thanks

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
The concrete blocks were required by the city I was working in .They wanted the blocks were the water line had 2'6" or less separation from the RCP and
we had to insulate the line too:confused:

Thanks for that. I missed your reply at the time and the blocks had me scratching my head :D

I started a new job with a different company . They had me finishing up a storm tec system . It is nice to get to run equipment again and not being a supervisor running crews .

Know what you mean, nothing quite like a pair of levers in your grip, far less stress :thumbsup Hope it works out for you.

Is that a surface / stormwater catchment area / soakaway? ( Sorry D5G didn't mean to preempt the reply )

The big rail maintenance depot I was at last year had big tanks made up of giant pipes to act as a holding tank for the rainwater run off before it was discharged into the stream. Entered as a 18" pipe in full flow from the roof and hardstanding run off, then got pumped out at a leasurely 6" so as not to destroy the stream.
They were covered over and became the car park :cool2
Thats a 14t Volvo exc and A25D truck at the far end, to give you an idea of the size.

Attachments

• tanks 3.jpg
    tanks 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:

SKP 428

new job

Sorry I didn't get back to you D5G I have been trying to finish up some site grading so that I could get to my next job. Atlas Rob thanks for the reply for my post .The system was for over flow storage for the 100 year flood pond.
Here are some photos of my newest job. they sent me in the middle of it, the guy . walked off the job and I get to finish it what a nightmare , it is not fun when you get to start on something someone else started on and trying to figure out how they were thinking of doing it .too bad they dug the top and bottom grid and pulled the tape on the slope whenthe grids are dug with less than 3% slope.I lost 30' when I layed it out.All I know the first day was a lot of head scratching and pulling tapes any way here are so photos.
The photos are of a geo thermo system for a school in the mountains it has 13 grids 140'x80' on a hill that is 12%+ grade. It sure beats being in a street doing water and sewer renewals, or in a field doing infrastructure for a new subdivision.

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 402
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 399
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 400

WColtharp

That's a new one for me for sure! Is that a common practice to setup geothermal like that? I have always thought it was drilled vertically into the ground going very deep, or at least that's what I have seen around here. Learn something new everyday on this site!

SKP 428

The cover has to be 8' min and they are finding out that it cheaper than drilling and the system works allot better on the heating and cooling laying them horizontal than drilling vertical . I am glad that we just have to dig and backfill it looks like
it would be a pain to lay out all of the pipes.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
the system works allot better on the heating and cooling laying them horizontal than drilling vertical.

Am I right in that in the summer water from the building is pumped through this network of pipes and as a result cools the water ? and in the winter the same proccess but the heat in the ground heats the water to heat the buildings ?

Turbo21835

AtlasRob, your dead on. Around here the average ground temps at a depth of 4ft is 55 deg F. This varies from region to region.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
AtlasRob, your dead on. Around here the average ground temps at a depth of 4ft is 55 deg F. This varies from region to region.

Thanks, thats about 12 deg C in our currency :). So what sort of min/max air temperatures are we talking about in your part of the world? I imagine it gets quite chilly in those mountains come winter time, but what sort highs are you looking at in summer.
That system might be used in the UK but I cant say I have ever encountered it.

Last edited:

SKP 428

Finshed the last geo bed . Here are some more photos

Attachments

• 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 237.jpg
    237.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg