• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some People are Just Trouble Makers!

Old Doug

I could write a book on basic tools. The last place i worked was the worst.It didnt pay any better than a factory but they wanted you to have a set of wrenches,a 1/2 socket set,a hammer, alien wrenches and some other basic stuff. Some guys their would never need any of these and about half of the rest would need every thing so out of around 100 30 needed some tools but only 5 had what they were told to have. After 3 years of us guys with tools bitching they said if you dont have tools buy x day it will be your last until you have them. Every day for 1 month this was told to every one and tool list were handed out. That day came nothing happened. Before this job i was frameing houses. Every one need a hammer,tape, square, and tool belt/bags. This job payed good but same problem. When i saw a guy without what he needed i told him buy it and the day you dont needed it no matter what it looks like i will buy it from you for what you payed for it. That didnt work.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Sounds like your Mom would have got on well with my #1 son. He has a line in biting sarcasm that has to be heard to be believed. .........

I'm sure they would have hit it off great! She loved putting people who thought they were important in their place.

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Actually i was searching for the posting "where are the mechinics?
The sign over my box used to read "The mechanic who loans tools is on his holidays" .................

You mean this guy ..? An interaction with one of his ilk is what led to my signature line.................

View attachment 119175

fixou812

Occupation
Fixo gets accused of "Sleeping " during a 90 minute Safety meeting and written up.
...there was at least 30 of us present and it was about 930 am
i was a bit late so got to sit in front.
Ps good one Nige......ah....Safety man memories

fixou812

Occupation
... well on the search engine above i typed in
where are the mechinics. ...nothing

fixou812

Occupation
But digging around the old posts can be better than reading the new ones at times

fixou812

Occupation
Thanks Trax, That's why the search engine didn't work!
I managed to post an avatar after much grief from a pc.
Still can't post pictures from my phone? Tech asked me "Did you drop it?"
Looks like I'll have to store info from my phone in case I get another one.

JD955SC

Fixo gets accused of "Sleeping " during a 90 minute Safety meeting and written up.
...there was at least 30 of us present and it was about 930 am
i was a bit late so got to sit in front.
Ps good one Nige......ah....Safety man memories

A 90 minute safety meeting!?!

fixou812

Occupation
No rest for the Wicked. ....Eff.
...hardhat on,dirty, wore out, head bowed,fingers laced.....he was Praying*
while some fool was trying to do hiz' comic routine.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
that's a short meeting!!! Iv sat thru several that have lasted all DAY!!! talk bout torture!!

If you are working in a mine in Minnesota(or even going to a meeting in the office) you will sit thru 8 hours every year just to get on the property.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If you are working in a mine in Minnesota(or even going to a meeting in the office) you will sit thru 8 hours every year just to get on the property.

Same here in NY. If they hired the right instructor it was not too bad but some some of those guys could put you to sleep just introducing themselves!

And on top of that we would have about a 1/2 hour meeting every Monday morning.

Some time much of the meeting was just planning the Monday morning repair work, as we were not allowed to do repairs except on straight time unless it was a major breakdown and then had to get approval from about three levels of management past the local superintendent. Big change from years back when at least half the crew would work at the minimum of five hours on Saturday doing maintenance or repairs every Saturday. Now maintenance is only done on straight time if at all.