• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some Old Junk

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I was in the yard of one of our best stone suppliers today and decided to snap some pics of their machines which have been retired. Kind of sad really.

Attachments

• D9 014.jpg
    D9 014.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,589
  • Komatapillar 016.jpg
    Komatapillar 016.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Liebherr 012.jpg
    Liebherr 012.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • Samsung 015.jpg
    Samsung 015.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,666
  • 984 013.jpg
    984 013.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,411

20dub

That samsung doesnt look that old. Why are all those machines just sitting, why not sell them?
-Eric

that's what i'am thinking....all those machines with the exceptions of those liebherrs[don't see any working anymore] would sell and are still worth money ?. the samsung and the komatsu look like the ar only 10-15 years old.[ early 90's]..?
i bet dozer boy would love that d9.[late 70's]..:bouncegri
parts can't be that hard to get.:confused:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
The Komatapillar doesn't even have an engine. These guys are known for their fine stone...I don't think they set any maintenance records though. What the pic's don't show is that these machines have been well canabilised with the exception of the samsung which still runs. Thats about all I know of these machines. Don't know why they haven't sold them...I'll ask oneday.

Over in their workshop there was bits of 980 loader spread all over the floor. In the quarry they have gone back to Cat excavators with two Hitachi's being the only other machines that can handle the punishment these guys dish out.

Bit sad to see those Liebherrs sitting like that...they were a really solid performer.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
That 9 look better then ours other than ours runs...well kind of. Ya I don't see why they don't sell them if we can sell some of the old crap we have you could sell those.

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
now what might this be?:confused:

Attachments

• 984%20013.jpg
    984%20013.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,237

544D10

Occupation
Lucas & Mercier Construction Co.
The rock drill is on the Samsung, looks like it has a small crawler tread on it.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
The little crawler was some Tamrock gear. It was not attached to the 984 as far as I could tell. The photo just makes it appear that way.

Last edited:

ship 660

Its an old air-trac rock drill. I didnt see the mast. But it is all air operated you pull the air-compressor with the drill.

B1G DIG

on the komatsu y does one track look wider than the other and where in perth is this rock/stone place i would love to see how much the samsung and the komatsu is.

i would love to play around on them fun.

on the komatsu does it have a quick hitch any other buckets rippers or even a grab.

Tom. I am from melbourne.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
on the komatsu y does one track look wider than the other and where in perth is this rock/stone place i would love to see how much the samsung and the komatsu is.

i would love to play around on them fun.

on the komatsu does it have a quick hitch any other buckets rippers or even a grab.

Tom. I am from melbourne.

That post was over two years ago and that equipment is long gone sorry.

B1G DIG

sorry about that mate

hey um have u seen any cheap excavators from the 5.5-8 tone with the offset boom and zero swing the blabe and a hitch.