• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some guys have completely lost their minds.

Shimmy1

I need to shine up our of D7G, get the a/c working, and enjoy retirement lol. Figure ours should be worth at least $80k with a cab and CCU on the back. Is even throw in the 435 scraper for free.Screenshot_20230427-195324.png

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I can see that tractor bringing that easily if proven maintained well. The 3306 engine was very reliable from my limited experience.

My Allis has under 4800hrs and is a 1975 build spending a lot of time as a scraper pusher.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Maybe that guy who was on here with a D8H that smoked the tranny bought it . . .

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
A new 4wheel drive pickup is $80,000 so that explains a lot of whats happened to equipment prices, We aren't that far from a case of toilet paper costing a wheel barrow full of money.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I can see that tractor bringing that easily if proven maintained well. The 3306 engine was very reliable from my limited experience.

Agree. If that tractor is in decent shape I could easily see it being worth $60K. A new 10K lb CTL will is pushing $80K depending on options.

Used iron prices are crazy. I could get more for our '21 D3 now than what we paid for it with 500 hours on the clock.

A new 4wheel drive pickup is $80,000 so that explains a lot of whats happened to equipment prices,

No doubt. I was skimming through the new truck ads online and a 22 350 XL CC 4x4 6.7 plain jane work truck is $70K plus. The only amenities being A/C, power windows and door locks.

A '23 350 6.7 Platinum is $100K + depending on the options... :oops: :rolleyes:

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Blade has had a bit of damage for 4000 hours . Hi tec aversion is driving prices .