• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some Days

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Evidently the Truck Engine side is not so appreciated. The ISX and X series engines of the last several years end up in dealer shops as often as the DD engines for emissions services. Got that from the service tech at the shop I operate out of.

BigWrench55

I personally love teir4 engines. I would say %90 of my work load is troubleshooting teir4 emissions. Mostly failed sensors, occasionally software or operator error. It's easy work sitting in the cab with your laptop diagnosing the problem. A lot better than the other work I do like transmission swap, injector replacement, hydraulic cylinders, etc etc... Now the emissions engine that I can't stand is teir4 interim. Easy to diagnose, but the customer doesn't like hearing that they were the cause of the problem and don't like the bill. When all I did was show up connect the laptop a few keystrokes and hour later it's fixed. They want to argue about whether it an actual fault or if the operator is not letting the machine finish regen or canceling regen. The computer doesn't lie it's rarely a fault with the system it's usually self induced.