• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some Days You Eat The Bear.......

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I used a 9 millimeter with NATO ammunition. The next sighting was a few days later. The Game Warden suggested rubber bullets. He's convinced somebody is feeding him.

Hobbytime

the problem with a side arm is its only 1 small bullet that needs to hit home, with the bear spray you can run and just spray behind you and it will fog the whole area to get the bear..I would also carry a side arm..either .357 mag or .44mag for bear...45 acp doesnt have enough to push through all the muscle on a bear.....I dont know if I would buy into..something is better than nothing..if someone slapped you and pissed you off you would slap back..if you got clobbered with a baseball bat your down for the count..same with bear..rubber bullets or small caliber might just tick him off enough to make him go after you..