• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

solid tires or foam filled

jtf350

Occupation
Mechanic
I work for a masonry company that owns I think 16 Lull telehandlers we currently run foam filed tires and I would like to switch to a solid tire I am wondering how they do in mud how they wear and are they more stable when the boom is extended 50 feet up I have been talking with a guy from solid boss has anyone tried these tires on an application like this

aerolift

We are moving our entire rental fleet of 125 SkyTraks into SolidBoss tires/rims.
The initial feedback from our clients is positive. We primarily rent to framing and general contractors.
We avoid renting to commercial masons for obvious reasons. Dependability, durability and stability are why we committed to SolidBoss.
We are optimistic that this winter will not discourage us from buying more.
A new air tire is the best for traction and flotation in the winter and mud, but air has many disadvantages for a rental operator.
Good luck, I think it's the way to go.