• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

So what’s the asv all about?

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
I’m very unfamiliar with the company. I used to think they were cats when i saw them on the jobsite. Is it a good machine? Out of curiosity what is equivalent to the svl75? And are they expensive?

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
ASV was the first manufacturer to make a rubber tracked skidsteer loader. There have been several different series starting with the RC's and now have the RT's. Their RT75 is very similar to the earlier PT 100 in power with more power than the SVL75. As always not everything painted yellow is cat and yes they're good. The cost is unknown to me.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
CAT used to use the ASV undercarriage on their MTL line of tracked machines. So their was a connection with CAT at one time. Multi Terrain loader wasn't as "multi" as it sounded. Generally great in snow probably the best of any CTL, sand, topsoil, not so great with larger aggregate. The suspended undercarriage is a tad bit spendy to repair or replace. It does ride extremely smooth and quiet.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
At the time of the RC series Cat had a 30% holding in ASV. IIRC ASV origins started with Bombardier but could be wr~~g.:)

GeeVee

They are now back to being fully owned by the men who built the company. Their website does detail some of their history. They used Caterpillar engines- which were Perkins. Most people (PARTICULARLY the blind brand loyalists) don't understand that NONE of the big names make their own small hp machines. Not Cat, not JD, case, MF, Terex, Kubota...... They are white labeled and built by smaller companies- rather, Japan. China, Viet Nam. Thailand.