• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snowplow for Case backhoe?

Duke

Anyone know if my Case backhoe with the FFC quick attach front can be equipped with a power angle plow?

This would be great for me.

surfer-joe

I've seen power-angle blades on Case hoes, used for snow plowing of course. Not sure if they were or are commercially available, may have been home-made from a setup off a pickup or small truck.

Check some of the snow-plow manufacturers on-line, or your local Case dealer.

cat320

Charter Member
Duke i noticed that you have the reg loader control and no out front aux hydro .for the power angle you would need that unless you have them put another valve in for it. very costly to do after the fact , you could put a seperate system inside the machine but that is a pain having to run hoses and have that hydro unit inside the cab.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I am interested in a plow like youare saying, a pusher wouldnt work for us becasue it would need to angle.I found this site:
http://www.phoenixequipmentsales.com/snow_plows/snow_plows.htm

About mid way down is a plow on a cat hoe that is what I believe you are looking for. Keep us posted!

And when you talk to him, tell Joe where you found out about him. I've tried to get him to join us, since he knows a lot about this business...

Duke

Duke i noticed that you have the reg loader control and no out front aux hydro .for the power angle you would need that unless you have them put another valve in for it. very costly to do after the fact , you could put a seperate system inside the machine but that is a pain having to run hoses and have that hydro unit inside the cab.

I think Case can hook up an additional button on the joystick and run the lines for 2-3 grand last time I asked.

This would be a cheaper alternative than buying a farm tractor with a cab & plow. I don't want a plow on my pickup.

cat320

Charter Member
They would probably have to put the new valve below and change the control. definatly nicer to plow in that .

DigDug

Anyone know if my Case backhoe with the FFC quick attach front can be equipped with a power angle plow?

This would be great for me.

Duke , i have plowed for years with Case equipment . Both with push boxes and power angle plows. Yes , FFC makes a 11' power angle plow that will quick attach to your FFC quick coupler on your 580/590. I am surprised that your machine didnt come with a third valve for the front. But the last third valve we had put on a 580 was $1400. including new joy stick and plumbed to the front. Good luck , doug

Duke

Duke , i have plowed for years with Case equipment . Both with push boxes and power angle plows. Yes , FFC makes a 11' power angle plow that will quick attach to your FFC quick coupler on your 580/590. I am surprised that your machine didnt come with a third valve for the front. But the last third valve we had put on a 580 was $1400. including new joy stick and plumbed to the front. Good luck , doug

That's great news. I wonder if they make a smaller 9' version. I honestly just wanted it for a couple of customers with long farm driveways. Nothing serious or commercial.

itsgottobegreen

I I don't want a plow on my pickup.

If I where you I would put a plow on your dump truck. Since its 4x4 already. (defently be a killer plow truck being 4x4) If you bought it used, it probably already has the plumbing on it for a plow. As most 4800s are used to plow or are bucket trucks.

Duke

If I where you I would put a plow on your dump truck. Since its 4x4 already. (defently be a killer plow truck being 4x4) If you bought it used, it probably already has the plumbing on it for a plow. As most 4800s are used to plow or are bucket trucks.

If you were me, you wouldn't want a plow on the 4800, believe me. :bash

I have no desire to plow with my trucks anymore. I owned a commercial plowing business for 10 years. I had big clients like AIG insurance, Sovereign Bank to name a few. I plowed their corporate centers with big dumps, backhoes, etc.. No desire to go back into that business.

The 4800 has no plumbing for a plow. The only thing it would be good at is plowing giant parking lots and everyone knows a backhoe with a 12' snowbox will plow those much better than a dumptruck anyway.

I want the plow on the backhoe b/c I want to do a couple private farm driveways and clear some driveways of houses I'm building.

Last edited:

Duke

Can you just put a one-way blade on?

I'm too old for a 1-way plow. :D

Seriously, I've found buying the basic, manual equipment just doesn't pay in the long run. The driveways I'll be doing are going to require snow be moved from one side to the other. I want it to be easy.

itsgottobegreen

If you were me, you wouldn't want a plow on the 4800, believe me. :bash

We have several subs who plow with ex PENNDOT trucks. They plow amazingly well. Myself and SALOPEZ are looking for a 4800 to plow with. Or an oshgosh for when the big one hits.

It almost sounds like you need a V plow if your doing long driveways. I would also pick up an old V plow and put a coupler on that too, in case it gets really deep.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
Ohhhh I didn't know you were doing driveways. I thought it was streets. I'm with you on the power angle plows they are the best. A guy who I use to rent him and his machine from has a 580M with a quick coupler and he has a power angle on his. He bought a blank attachment plate and had a power angle plow welded to it. He also got the third valve attachment which is something your missing? Another way to hook it up is electric. Just an idea.

Duke

We have several subs who plow with ex PENNDOT trucks. They plow amazingly well. Myself and SALOPEZ are looking for a 4800 to plow with. Or an oshgosh for when the big one hits.

It almost sounds like you need a V plow if your doing long driveways. I would also pick up an old V plow and put a coupler on that too, in case it gets really deep.

I'll either buy a P/A plow for the CASE and install the plumbing, or I'm gonna buy a 50HP 4x4 utility tractor and put a plow on it, because I need a util tractor for york raking and bushogging, too.

My 4800 is for sale for the right price. ;) It's not everyday you find a 4800 in perfect condition, with only 75,000 mi, 250HP (most are 210), a 7 speed w/ OD (most are 5 speed no O/D) a 12' dump (most have a digger derrick), and Alcoas with 385 floats and 12/22.5 rubber (most are 11/22.5). :drinkup

Oshkosh's are worthless for what you want to do. They're great for plowing an airplane runway, but they can't make any money during the rest of the year because most are useless as a dump truck. I actually use mine exclusively as a dumptruck. It's just like a 4x2 dump, but has that front axle to bail me out of all kinds of BAD situations.