• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snow Removal

amr

If anyone is interested in pushing snow in NYC let me know

Colorado Digger

wow

When the snow gets really deep out on the township roads we break out the dozers, a Cat D6R XL, Cat D6H XL, 2 John Deere 700Js, a John Deere 700H, a Cat D5G, and a John Deere 850C. The snow was deep enough this past season that we had almost all of the dozers out on township roads at least 3 times[/QUOTE]

how much does it snow out there? my god.. dozers on public blacktop.
out here cdot uses a 7 and a snowcat and some big loaders to clear independence pass.
it must really pound out there to need cats. i am not being sarcastic just very suprised:confused:

D&GExcavating

When the snow gets really deep out on the township roads we break out the dozers, a Cat D6R XL, Cat D6H XL, 2 John Deere 700Js, a John Deere 700H, a Cat D5G, and a John Deere 850C. The snow was deep enough this past season that we had almost all of the dozers out on township roads at least 3 times

how much does it snow out there? my god.. dozers on public blacktop.
out here cdot uses a 7 and a snowcat and some big loaders to clear independence pass.
it must really pound out there to need cats. i am not being sarcastic just very suprised:confused:[/QUOTE]

Thats on township gravel roads mainly, but we have had to bust through a few county black tops with dozers when the county couldn't get their big oshkosh snow blower going. Its a combination of a fairly large amount of snow with the crazy straight line winds that we get here in minnesota. Its just a matter of the snow drifting over to the point where you can't break through with a 6 wheel drive 143H.

D&GExcavating

We put chains on the blades when they're out on gravel roads. We mainly do in-town snow removal for places like wal-mart and lots of other local businesses and they don't like it if we use chains. What about out in colorado?

Colorado Digger

chains

we run rear chains on the skiddies, front or all around on the loader with a 12 foot bull plow...no trip. i wanted to try the snow tires the loader but we just don't use it enough. the county guys usually run snow tires and one set on the front tandem and fronts. when they are winging and working up in the valleys and canyon's they are usually chained up all around. the county's plow with blades..cat and volvo.
up in aspen they have the 140m's which i know are giving them problems.
the other deal here is cutting the pack. sometimes it gets a foot thick and can be a real b....
i for one am not looking forward to it. i like digging more than plowing.