• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

snow removal $

ftb

does anyone have an idea about how much per hour ten wheeler dump trucks get for snow removal in the NORTHEAST? thanks:)

ForestDan

A ten wheel dump truck AND an operator for $45/hr? That's 1/2 (if not 1/3) what a businessman who needs to address equipment depreciation, fuel, insurance, repairs and maitenance, etc., needs to bring in. Not to mention worker's comp if he has employees. Heaven forbid he should have a family to raise and kids in college.

People are looking for deals everywhere, but deals will not bring us closer to financial health in this country. If owner/operators could just stop panic bidding and charge a standard (or thereabouts) going rate, then the industry they work in will thrive. They'll have more $ to spend on whatever, and the businesses they support will be able to hire people, who will spend $. Suppliers will gain sales, hire people, and on and on.

Spend your dough, folks. A little faith that the dollar you spend today will be replaced tomorrow is all we need to end this recession in no time. Economists call the rate $ leaves and enters your wallet again 'velocity,' (we call it cash flow) and public perception rules that completey.

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
They must work cheap up there. I have friends who are getting 75.00 ph with a pickup working for contractors who do big lots.

I charge $100 an hour for the Dump trailers when we move snow. $90 for the triaxle and $85 for the ten wheeler. You can't charge to much esp. this year with clients cutting back. I hauled snow from the mall I do and that was it.

ForestDan

I charge $100 an hour for the Dump trailers when we move snow. $90 for the triaxle and $85 for the ten wheeler. You can't charge to much esp. this year with clients cutting back. I hauled snow from the mall I do and that was it.

How big is your crew, and what do you pay them? Are there associated expenses like dump fees or whatever?

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Here is what we are getting for our lots that we are pushing per hour. We don't get all of the lots but we don't lose many either, we make sure we do a good job and keep the customer happy. There are always guys around here trying to low ball, and they seem to not last long, a lot of the landscape companies around here work cheap the say they just want to keep their guys busy, but if they don't account for whats it truly cost then they are making any money.

Ford F550 $125.00

Bobcat T300 $125.00

Bobcat Tool Cat $100.00

Grader 12' Blade $125.00

I pay a couple of my guys that want to use their own pickup trucks $85.00 per hour.

ScottSeptic

I dunno where in the northeast you are but in massachusetts we're getting minimally $85-$95 an hour with a 4 hour minimum for a ten wheeler and $95-$105 an hour with a 4 hour min. also for a dump trailer. And we all feel that it is still not enough!:yup

rustyjames

Occupation
Construction Project Management

If you're hauling, especially snow, more than likely your equipment isn't getting beat up. But plowing can be rough on the equipment, especially if you have operators who think they're operating a loader at the same time trying to pile it up.

grandpa

A ten wheel dump truck AND an operator for $45/hr? That's 1/2 (if not 1/3) what a businessman who needs to address equipment depreciation, fuel, insurance, repairs and maitenance, etc., needs to bring in. Not to mention worker's comp if he has employees. Heaven forbid he should have a family to raise and kids in college.

People are looking for deals everywhere, but deals will not bring us closer to financial health in this country. If owner/operators could just stop panic bidding and charge a standard (or thereabouts) going rate, then the industry they work in will thrive. They'll have more $ to spend on whatever, and the businesses they support will be able to hire people, who will spend $. Suppliers will gain sales, hire people, and on and on.

Spend your dough, folks. A little faith that the dollar you spend today will be replaced tomorrow is all we need to end this recession in no time. Economists call the rate $ leaves and enters your wallet again 'velocity,' (we call it cash flow) and public perception rules that completey.
Spot on. Good reply and i agree. Even the ugliest hooker doesnt give it away:)

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
How big is your crew, and what do you pay them? Are there associated expenses like dump fees or whatever?

The plowing crew is about 20 guys, but through the season usually 30-40 depending on work. I have no dump fees because everything stays on site, I take snow in for $50 a trailer load, some places charge $50-$100. The mall told me to only move snow from the supermarket side after the holidays they don't want to spend the money. It's been a tough year for everyone thats for sure.

DigDug

Sorry you dont like it , I'm just stating the facts. It been $55. for a ten wheeler for 20yrs here.
Id say cost of living wise that were probably the same. I would guess our cost of living is about 1/2 or Mass or NJ.
Also , I do not hire out my trucks , I only hire them on.

special tool

Sorry you dont like it , I'm just stating the facts. It been $55. for a ten wheeler for 20yrs here.
Id say cost of living wise that were probably the same. I would guess our cost of living is about 1/2 or Mass or NJ.
Also , I do not hire out my trucks , I only hire them on.

I know what you are saying - Maine is slightly less exensive to live...
but you pay yourslef what? At least $25 an hour, right?
Now you are at $20/hour for truck, registration, taxes, insurance, maintanance, oil, rainx windshield wiper fluid, TIRES!!!!!, fresh water washdown to get all the salt off, that new air compressor you had to buy last month and fuel?
You are charging $160 a day rent for a 14 yard truck.

You know how much a cop makes on a road job, for directing traffic?
And you have to buy him lunch!!