• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

snow in maryland anyone going ??? or looking for subs

turfblazer

Occupation
semi retired drainage ,site work , eq operator.
waiting for a call from my guy to head out of town with loader!!!! sure bored here in buffalo !!!.
it would be my 3rd time in maryland pushing snow for people that cant drive with 1/4 inch on the road.
is anyone else going ?? if my guy doesnt come threw i'd go with someone else but theres conditions???
i think last time we went, we had 15 loaders and 30 dump trucks.

Delmer

They probably won't need you, I just heard for the second time a very earnest news reader quote the DC mayor saying that they had 100 trucks and 39 TONS of salt, so they're good:D I think the same news reader said that France produces 20 million tons of fois gras (goose/duck liver) every year, somehow I think the figures are meaningless if it's not the distance between NY and DC, and they might not even get that within an order of magnitude.

turfblazer

Occupation
39 tons , one buddy i know puts down 60 ton every snow in 1 lot , the number i think you mean is 39 thousand tons. lol

Oxbow

waiting for a call from my guy to head out of town with loader!!!! sure bored here in buffalo !!!.
it would be my 3rd time in maryland pushing snow for people that cant drive with 1/4 inch on the road.
is anyone else going ?? if my guy doesnt come threw i'd go with someone else but theres conditions???

By the time I could get there it would have melted.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator

You drive all the way from up by the Canadian border down to Maryland for snow?

turfblazer

Occupation
hell ya . my guy pays for low boy, for motel ( usually with free breakfast), pays fuel for loader ,
hopeing to get a 5 to 7 day 24 hr guarantee . i drive down and back in pickup round trip 800 miles useing 80 gals gas . ya i'll go.
beats staying home kissing the dog and kicking the wife.
cant make money if your on the couch unless your a working girl!!!

Todd v.

Snow is good money there. Hell I drove a skidsteer down my street when we had a 2' snow doing driveways for tips only, free if they didn't have money or didn't offer and made $200/hr.