• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snow Blade on Front of Tractor

johndeere123

Have any of you ever mounted a snow blade on the front of a tractor that has no loader or hitch on the front? I am looking into possibly mounting a 9' angle blade onto the front of my 4wd 2955 John Deere. If anybody has pictures of a similar setup I would like to see pictures and pros and cons of your setup.

06Pete

1086 snow plow 1.jpg1086 snow plow.jpgThe first picture is of the plow and frame for my 1086 international the second is on the tractor. I have three 2 on 1086's
and one on a jx96 case ih the 2 1086 push a 11' power angle truck plows and the jx 95 has a meyers poly 10'. You want the frame to attach to the draw bar I like to slide the draw bar to the short hole and bolt the frame to the long hole now sticking out the front but some tractors are different. Then on front I bolt on to the weight bracket mounts using chanel iron down to a piece of 3x3 angle that on front gets the ears to mount the plow and the back the pipe to connect to the draw bar. I just run hoses to the front from the rear remotes to lift and angle. I like about 1000# of weight on the back of the 1086 and the 4x4 jx 95 a good rear blade is enough. I would put a 10' on a 2950 just because it will cover your wheels better when angled and turning but if you have a 9' go for it. I plow for the state highway here with them and also a few parking lots they work great for that gravel roads can be torn up quick if you don't watch what you are doing. They work way better than the one I mounted to a loader quick hitch it bounced to much being out in front that much farther plus if you had idiots running it they would set the loader down to far and wear the A frame of the plow with it directly on the tractor they are pretty much idiot proof as much as can be up down left right can't hit the tractor they only have to look out for is what is in front of them.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,222

JBGASH

Occupation
Look closely it is an angle blade that angles to the left or right and moves a full blade of snow with very little effort. The rear tires also have fluid in them along with with large cast iron wheel weights. You can get it stuck, but you really have to do something stupid to achieve that.
How do you not get stuck with the tractor so much wider than the blade?

Andrew_D

Look closely it is an angle blade that angles to the left or right and moves a full blade of snow with very little effort. The rear tires also have fluid in them along with with large cast iron wheel weights. You can get it stuck, but you really have to do something stupid to achieve that.

I think what he was getting at is that you'd have the outer dual driving over the windrow of snow. Or are my eyes deceiving me?

Andrew

JBGASH

Occupation
You are correct, the duals are wider than the blade in the picture , we just had not removed them yet, for this was the first snow of the season and I had just put the blade back on the tractor.
Yes, exactly that.

ValleyFirewood

Makes sense, I was scratching my head a bit wondering how it would work with the rear of the tractor always running in a windrow!

You are correct, the duals are wider than the blade in the picture , we just had not removed them yet, for this was the first snow of the season and I had just put the blade back on the tractor.

oldirt

I used to have a deere branded 544 10' blade similar to the one on the 4630 above, but on a 4320, duals were useless on it in order to stay within the windrow, and about two tons of counterweight on the 3pt was extremely helpful. This unit would really move a lot of snow-until you pushed into a pile and couldn't back out. this only happens at zero dark thirty at about -2degrees F..once you do that you will learn to leave the limits untouched then it was a great mover. Later I bought set of 12.4x42 tires and swapped them in for the 18.4's and this was like putting chains on. These tires with that much weight on them will crunch through ice now. I sold the blade later because I felt it was just too hard on the tractor.