• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snorkel TB 60 turn table issue.

Terryz

I have a Snorkel TB60, Ser # JA01089 . The turntable won't function from the platform joystick control. Turntable works as it should from the ground control. Upon inspection there are 2 microswitches and a potetionometer under the joystick control. Is there a procedure to test the potentiometer ? The microswitches can be checked with an ohmmeter. Also what voltage do these operate on or do they control the ground side of the circuit ? Thanks, Terry z

Terryz

I am not familiar with with these types of control systems. Do you have a wiring diagram for this circuit ? I don't know which wires represent B,x,a. Thanks for the reply, Terry

Txhayseed

I would suspect a new joy stick is probably the solution. Have not had any snorkels around in probably 10 years or so. But when we did we replaced a lot of joysticks. They where still old school tech. As stated they are card and pot controls. Dl the service manual and it will tell you how to set pots to voltage using your multi meter. My experience was always that once you had to start adjusting the pots it was time for a new stick. Adjustments where so finite that you really didn't change much.