• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SNAP-ON ct7850 18V Impact gun, anyone got one?

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi all, like the title says, anyone got one yet? if so what they like, I have the older 18v one that has served me well for about 6 years now! and i use it for everything:D been looking at the new one online and people say its good, but pricey, going to see the snap-on guy tomorrow!:)

Any thoughts would be great!

Aiden

curb guy

I have wanted one one for a few years now,just can't get myself to pull the trigger and buy one.Like you said,kinda pricey.B ut everyone I talk to that has one says they're the best and worth the money.Just wonder about battery life/cost.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Thanks curb guy! They are pricey, going to price other makes too, but still leaning back to snap on

So any one else hav then?

Aiden

FSERVICE

iv got the older 18v also. just looked at the new one on the truck today. it looks great just might have to trade up soon, the old one has been good to me tho.

curb guy

Thanks curb guy! They are pricey, going to price other makes too, but still leaning back to snap on

So any one else hav then?

Aiden

Yeah, they're very proud of 'em,but everyone says they're great and,the batteries last a long time too,not only running time,but, overall longevity.Kinda like the 28volt milwaukee sets I have.Although the batteries are 250$ plus, those things last years.I have a couple batteries thatI know are 2-3 years old and still hold a charge like the day I bought 'em.Let us know how you like it,if you get one!

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Yeah, they're very proud of 'em,but everyone says they're great and,the batteries last a long time too,not only running time,but, overall longevity.Kinda like the 28volt milwaukee sets I have.Although the batteries are 250$ plus, those things last years.I have a couple batteries thatI know are 2-3 years old and still hold a charge like the day I bought 'em.Let us know how you like it,if you get one!

How do you like the milwaukee impact gun, thats another i have looked at! don,t know much about them though!

rare ss

the guys a used to work with ran the 18V 14V and 18V (with lithuim batteries) i perfered the 14V as the 18V was too big to fit into some places and is alot lighter than the 18V's

14V struggled with power, the 18V was good enough for 3/4" belly gaurd bolts which was handy though, the newer 18V with the lithum batteries was alot lighter than the other 18V but doesnt feel as balanced, its really top heavy

Dualie

A mechanic buddy just bought one and its a BEAST. only had it for a week and i only played with it for 5 min but so far its the cats pajamas. But for the price i will just live with my inferior dewalt 18V

928G Boy

I got the Ingersoll Rand 20v for my 1/2" needs, zaps off lug nuts from my Bobcat S185 no problem, zaps off international 466E rod bolts and headbolts too, tons of power.

For a 3/8 gun I have a makita and I really like it too, small enough to fit in a ton of places. I hardly ever even use a rachet that much anymore lol

curb guy

How do you like the milwaukee impact gun, thats another i have looked at! don,t know much about them though!

Actually,my milwaukee 28v set is just the pistol drill/sawzall/circ.saw combo.I do,however,have the little impact driver and the screw gun.Not sure the voltage,but they're the small ones you can put in your back pocket.I love all the milwaukee tools I own but I still want a snap-on impact.I can't decide between the 3/8" and 1/2" drive models.