1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Smallest lattice boom crawler crane?

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by wildpig1234, Apr 12, 2021.

1. wildpig1234

wildpig1234 Active Member

I saw this recently and thinking this must be one of the smallest lattice boom crawler crane with extendable main boom sections?

Anyone know what it is? i couldn't get closer to find the name. wondering if there's anything even smaller.

probably a capacity of 10ton or less?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

72hayes likes this.
  2. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Doesn't look that small to me. It has a decent counterweight on it. Probably 25 ton or larger.

DMiller likes this.
  3. Bumpsteer

Bumpsteer Senior Member

Mechanical designer
    Used be a cute little Bay City dragline near me, had about 30' of boom on it, iirc, had a 2 cylinder detroit ....I know a previous owner, next time I see him I'll get more info....

Ed

old-iron-habit and DMiller like this.
  4. wildpig1234

it def looks tiny. I mean just look at the cab and compare that to the whole crane.

DMiller likes this.
  5. mowingman

mowingman Senior Member

Looks like a little "Unit" crane. Not sure of the size.
    Jeff

6. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

a B-E 15b is only 26,000 pounds, that's tiny IMO.

old-iron-habit and DMiller like this.
  7. wildpig1234

I would say the one in the pic is even smaller than the BE 15b. Ailso def smaller than America 998 90ton:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/203068454717

Like i said, would be hard to find an even smaller lattice boom crawler crane. Much appreciated if anyone can find me the model of this crane. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    DMiller likes this.
  8. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

I think @Tugger2 has one of those

DMiller likes this.
  9. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

I thought it kinda looked like a "unit" also, but all the pictures I looked at with unit were a single window "car door" type on the cab. From the fuzzy picture it looks like its small window and big window on the door.

If you really want to know what it is, go back and get a better picture of the counterweight, or ask what it it. Its going to be a guess on what it is without a better picture.

Here's a picture of a "unit" from the web, and the single "car door " window.

unit crane.jpg

72hayes and DMiller like this.
  10. doublewide

doublewide Senior Member

11. wildpig1234

The look of the cab doesn't match America cranes which has fairly consistent box like cab

I think you are right that the cab looks most like that of a Unit crane. also the fact that Unit makes a lot of these smaller ones. Not a clear picture but it sseems like that one i saw is in very good condition compared to a lot of the other Unit cranes on sale

Yeah i don't know how much closer i can get to it. The whole area was fenced off ;(
    But it is just a very noticeable crane to see given how we have all seen the other usual crawler cranes

DMiller likes this.
  12. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

I was going to say its a 14B Bucyrus ,but the cabs on the wrong side.Must be a Unit. Heres a 14B for reference,they are pretty rare. P4212403.JPG