• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Smallest Deere dozer wit semi-u blade?

WBC

I have a cat d5h with a straight tilt blade "no u-blade" and really wish it had the semi-u blade but I guess I would have to upgrade to a d6. I've always been a cat person but really like the Deere dozers. I'm kind of wanting to upgrade to something a little newer with a cab and wanting to stay in the 30-35k pound range. Ive looked at the Deere dozers a lot on the Internet. Is a 750 the smallest that is available with the semi-u? I really like the looks of the 700j but haven't seen one with a straight blade.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
To answer your question Deere 750 and D6N is the size with semi U blades,anything smaller 6-way now.There are a few smaller old dozers that had straight blade on them.Case comes to mind,friends getting D4E with the arms along the side ,but again not really a semi U just a straght blade.

WBC

That's a sweet looking tractor. I'd like to have the same thing with a cab. That's the first 6n I've seen that's not got a 6 way blade

Construct'O

Occupation
It came from close to you Waynes Bowling Green.

Have been going to put a aftermarket cab kit on it from Diamond Manufacturingjust been waiting for there new style cabs to come along for the N's.It already has the in dash heater.

They are hard to find witht he semiU blades,but there alround.Two newer models sold at Cat Auction in Minn. about a month ago.

WBC

I'd probably never be lucky enough to run up on one or if I did it would be in ruff condition. Cat must not of made very many of those

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I've seen them from time to time on MT with 4-ways, but honestly I can't see why you would want one on anything smaller than a 6, what is the application you want it for ? Just curious

Pj

WBC

You can carry a lot more material with that blade and if your grubbing trees a lot, it's 10 times easier on the pins/bushings vs a 6 way/finishing blade. That's just my opinion. I just want stay around the 33-38k pd range and I thought u had to move up to a 6h, 6r, or 6t in order to get the semi-u. He has a rare-hard to find tractor with that 6n. It seems like the 750 deeres are an easier find with the semi-u. But I just like my cats because there all I've ever been around

Last edited:

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
Scrub puller I have spent a bit of time on one. I think they started life as a 6 way blade thing then someone decided a 6R blade could fit.It wasn't a bad machine pretty light I think they are 140hp.I was spreading fill with it also there was a 5G on the job, they are useless for pushing any distance so I guess that's why the 6N came along with that blade.So I guess they are a alot cheaper than a proper D6.
Cheers will

farm_boy

Yair . . . Thanks willd8r. Figured it must have been tied in with the six way thing . . . there is nothing much simpler than the rams mounted on the hardnose.

Cheers

Great comment and you are right. This is why the Deere 750 is a much better SU tractor than the D6N. The 750 with a SU has a hard nose with vertical lift cylinders just like larger dozers.

750j su.jpgjohn-deere-750j-lgp,8646967_5.jpg

Construct'O

Occupation
Yair . . . Construct'O. I don't understand the setup with the lift rams on your tractor, could you set me straight?

As far as having a hard nose.The cylinders are the same length as one with a hardnose they just connect closer to the back of the blade and the bracket they connect to are really beefy,and mounts to the main frame plus the stablizer bar also support the bracket and tie also into the main frame.So it isn't going anywhere.Don't have the pivot points that the hardnose machine have to wear out.

Cylinders have a ball joint pivot at the top of the cylinder.The bracket does block some of your veiw that i don't like,but other then that it lifts(actual higher) and tilts just as far as a hardnose machine.The semi blade has a 5.6 cubic yard capacity.So it will move some dirt

Construct'O

Occupation
D6N with 6-way blade is only 4.16 cb yards and LGP 6-way blade machine is actualy less yet 4.13.As far as the Deere 8 roller machine it is an LGP machine thus longer,wider tracks.