• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Small dozer which one part #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCman

Komatsu's are not easy to work on , what I've seen with the new ones its better than the older ones . Example of one job , its possible to remove a final drive , sprocket hub housing intact and take it to town . I've seen it twice on local dozers , D41 and a D61 very impressed with it . As for the others including one of the size you want any job is a battle . D31 I'm told have a seal fail about 4000 hours , seal cost cheap , labour expensive . The good thing about Komatsu's don't need much attention . Having said that stay away from P models , they work hard as they have enough tracks for a dozer twice the size .
thanks for the info.
Just had seen a review from a komatsu owner. He said clutches had easy access, removing trannie was easier because it was separate from engine. Also guy had a Perkins in his.

That's quite the paint can rebuild:)
Did you take the pictures or are those from the sellers advertisement? If you get next to the machine take detailed pictures of the track rails themselves, the front idler the guards and rollers on the bottom. The idler looks to be in a good spot it doesn't look like the track is horribly stretched but some better pics of the tracks would be nice.
Seller took pics. Paint looks better to me than some I've seen. At least it should be easier to find leaks. I'll try and get some more pics today.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
That 450C is a nice looking unit. If you'll PM me the machine serial number I'll have my son in law run it for some history. Whether that will be worth anything or not I don't know. He is the parts manager for a John Deere dealership so has access and doesn't mind doing it for me.

NCman

That 450C is a nice looking unit. If you'll PM me the machine serial number I'll have my son in law run it for some history. Whether that will be worth anything or not I don't know. He is the parts manager for a John Deere dealership so has access and doesn't mind doing it for me.
Thanks. Pm coming

skyking1

I have found you can purchase a medium sized dozer less expensively than the smaller ones. It may take a permit to move it but how often would that be required on a farm property? Maybe something to think about?
Not near the OP, but last night I found a decent looking TD-20 with brush rake, winch and stump splitter for 32K I think. Everything on it looked good. It was a good example of that. After many years of getting beat up by little dozer over big rock, I am much more fond of seeing how small a job I can do with a BIG dozer. The ride is everything now :)

NCman

I've just been following along on this thread but, considering the attitude of the OP, I'll refrain from any comments I may have.
Thankyou I appreciate that.
Anyone that thinks I did something wrong should not comment here. All I did was.show a.pic of a sprocket and it confused some people. I tried to get that thread back on track with apologies.
I then thought that thread was doomed for misunderstandings because I could no longer edit the OP to say there would be multiple tractors.discussed. I decided to ask for that thread to be closed and I opened another. The new thread offended someone again because I used caps in beginning of the thread. I used caps just to catch the eye's. It explained it was a.multiple dozer thread as I'm looking at multiple dozers. No one was on the friggin thread for me to yell at yet. I had no reason to yell at anyone. Doesn't the fact that It was an opening post with a small note in caps mean I was just trying to start the thread with an explanation as to what I was.gonna do with the thread?
During all this someone kept saying, you shoulda done this and shoulda done that and.....all the way into the second thread.
I won't apologize for anything else. If you don't agree with my explanation then move on to a safe space

DISCLAIMER: This statement and the grammar thereof is in no way meant to harm anyone physically or mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.