• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slow hydraulics on Deere 317g

Streetjk

MG,
Could you also please send me the calibration procedure?
I am trying to figure out a similar issue with my bucket hydraulics moving slowly.
Serial #1T0317GJKJJ333682

Jayceesdad6

Welcome to HEF Streetjk;)!

Thanks for supplying the serial number. Message sent.
Hey MG, could you please message me the calibration procedure also? I'd truly appreciate it.
Have been having a similar issue for about a week now, just with the tracks moving slow enough to where it is noticeable if you are used to their normal speed. Also a little jerky at times. Tonight machine just threw a HCU code, 523108.13
Serial # 1T0317GJEJJ344773
Have been thinking it needs a calibration and am hoping it will fix it after seeing this code. Thanks in advance!

512high

mg2361, I'm not a Deere guy, but what causes all these to be re-calibrated if you will? Anyways, Kudos to you and others for always taking the time to help, this site is great. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
what causes all these to be re-calibrated if you will?
When you calibrate the hydraulics or the hydrostats, it sets a threshold (in milliamps) in the controller when things start to move. It also learns the milliamps for things like turtle travel speed and rabbit travel speed in the hydrostats. Another thing it learns is maximum lever travel in all directions. So, every time you go to boom up, the controller starts immediately at that threshold to move a function, then ramps up from there. So, lets say it takes 50 mA's to move the boom up. Over time when things wear, spools may start moving easier, so when the controller commands that 50 mA's to start the boom up, the boom may now start to move up at 40 mA's, which may now be a hard jerk of a start (hence the complaint of jerkiness). Re-calibration resets those values to allow for the wear. We recommend re-calibrating every 500 - 1000 hrs, depending on the machine.

Last edited:

512high

When you calibrate the hydraulics or the hydrostats, it sets a threshold (in milliamps) in the controller when things start to move. It also learns the milliamps for things like turtle travel speed and rabbit travel speed in the hydrostats. Another thing it learns is maximum lever travel in all directions. So, every time you go to boom up, the controller starts immediately at that threshold to move a function, then ramps up from there. So, lets say it takes 50 mA's to move the boom up. Over time when things wear, spools may start moving easier, so when the controller commands that 50 mA's to start the boom up, the boom may now start to move up at 40 mA's, which may now be a hard jerk of a start (hence the complaint of jerkiness). Re-calibration resets those values to allow for the wear. We recommend re-calibrating every 500 - 1000 hrs, depending on the machine.
Thank you for explaining ! Now I get it!

Rudy Reyes2023

goodmorning MG I have an 2018 317g with same problem I did all services already still the same can u send me the procedure to calibrate mine hope that will fix my problem too?

Elijha2010

Good evening. I’m having the same issue as everyone else with my 2018 317g and I did the calibration with no luck. Maybe I did something incorrectly? Serial # 1t0317gjphj321086

Elijha2010

My boom up and bucket curl became very sluggish when I was doing a mulching job. Mulcher was starting up slower than usual as well. I replaced the hydro filter and changed fluid, cut open the old one and found no shavings. I also pulled some of the solenoids and they looked clean.