• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slewing in some concrete with the old 225 today

excavator22

Special Tool,
Thanks for the pic it gives me a real good idea of what it can do. I have just been looking around on machinery trader and I was thinking about the 225 or possibly an older 270 Kobelko. Like I said I'm just starting to look around, not in a big hurry right now but you never know. I would like to find something with a coupler as well.

td25c

The new wall turned out nice special tool.Were you guys able to pour the wall on the existing footing?

special tool

The new wall turned out nice special tool.Were you guys able to pour the wall on the existing footing?

Yes - the existing was sound, so I suggested to the engineer (the real engineer) that we epoxy dowell a deeper (modern style) footing on top of it.
The new footing goes back 3 feet so that the weight of the backfill applies leverage against forward tilt.
There is a lot of steel in that wall.
Of course, now I have to wait until the wetlands sign off untill I can install drainage, because we all know I can't allow ground water to enter a river channel where all the local storm sewers already empty into.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

td25c

That sounds like a good idea on the footing special tool,sometimes we pour "deadman" footings & walls behind the main retaining wall to keep it from moving.225 looks good!

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Special Tool, nice looking job, the walls look good keep the pics coming.