• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skytrak 10054 boom question

tomphoolery

Does anybody have experience with changing hoses in a 10054 boom? I started pulling a hose out with a fish line taking its place but it just doesn't look like it's gonna work. I'm wondering if the boom needs to come apart or if it's possible to just pull in the new hoses.

barklee

I dont think your gonna pull a new line through. The hoses are running through a cable track which would make that impossible. Is your hose damaged where you can reach it? If so they make field repair couplings which work very well to avoid having to tear your booms apart. Sorry dude

tomphoolery

A repair coupler is not really going to work in this case, it has a leak somewhere in there and all four hoses look like junk with lots of deterioration. That cable track really makes it hard, the new hose doesn't even want to start down it. Thanks for the info though, looks like I'll have to rethink how to pull this one off.

HighReachTech

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
does anyone have the procedures on how this is done replacement of the boom hoses in a 10054 skytrack

Guitargaton

Hello HighReachTech,

I have to change out my hydraulic lines on my 2001 10054, did you ever get any response about the procedures for how to get this done? I guess I will have to take the boom apart but doing it efficiently and correctly would be great.

pajibson

how about a 6036? does the boom need to come apart to get the hoses out on that one. I have the manuals and they dont specify a procedure for it but looking at everything it seems like yes, the boom sections need to come apart. Can someone please confirm or deny?