• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skytrak 10042 leans over left if parked not perfectly level

phx

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF phx. :drinkup

Unfortunately, items 7 and 8 aren't causing your problem, they're simply orifice fittings that limit the speed of how fast the cylinders operate. But I doubt any of us will be able to tell you exactly what's causing your problem the way that system is designed. Could be one of the cylinders has a bad piston seal that's leaking oil to the opposite cylinder, and that Stabiltrack cylinder on one side of the axle has several solenoid valve, check valves, and pressure reducing valves. A failure of any of these valves as well as o-ring failures of these valves could cause the circuit to do some funky things. You've got a tricky problem on your hands to troubleshoot.

phx

thanks - is it unsafe to use? So far if i parked it for a few days it can start to sag unless i put some effort into getting it vertical.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I really can't say phx, I've never worked on one of those machines. I'm only saying that I can see a number of components that can cause your problem. And given my inexperience with them I don't have a clue how to determine what is causing the problem. I wish I could help, but sadly don't know. :beatsme

phx

Sorry to bump thread up - was hoping someone who has hands on experience with this model/circuit can assist. Thanks!

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
The cyl on the rear axle does not frame tilt the machine, it controls the rear axle between three modes, free pivit, slow pivit, and locked. Depending on the position of the boom(above 40) and if your driving or park brake on. Threaded into the cyl on the front axle there are a pair of check valves, try switching these and see if that changes things. You may have a bit of contamination in one of them allowing you machine to drift left. Make sure you have frame blocked so it cant free fall left or right before pulling these valves out.

phx

Thank you for your reply. The valves have 2 different part numbers - i surmise its for a different "crack" PSI. If these are highly suspect i am going to drop $100 on a fresh pair and move on.

Any advice on where to block the frame correctly. I havent looked yet - maybe its obvious.

icestationzebra

Thank you for your reply. The valves have 2 different part numbers - i surmise its for a different "crack" PSI. If these are highly suspect i am going to drop $100 on a fresh pair and move on.

Any advice on where to block the frame correctly. I havent looked yet - maybe its obvious.

They are probably different because each side of the cylinder has different effective areas, requiring a different cracking psi like you said.

As far as blocking the frame goes, lower the boom all the way and wedge wood between the frame and top of the axle. Make sure to do both sides, or tilt all the way one direction and block the other side.

ISZ