• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SkyJack SJ-7027 Needs to be jumped to start, then will operate for a min or so before it sits in idle.

Tango762

Hello, I have a SJ-7027, serial number: 31911. Recently it started needing to be jumped to start and then it would drive forwards or backwards for a min or so and even go up and down before it just sat in idle. It won't drive or go up and down anymore after about a min of run time. I've recently been given the task of getting this back up and running, but I've never worked on these machines and I'm not entirely sure where to start to diagnose this problem, any recommendations

Zewnten

I’d check the battery. Then I’d check the alternator output. Then I’d start looking for a wiring issue.

Tango762

Will do, I also called skyjack, apparently they have a service team that will help you troubleshoot over the phone. They gave me the same advice and also suggested looking into the solenoid that activates when in full throttle. Cant remember what its called, but...

Tango762

Hey, got the machine running, Alternator was bad so the machine wasn't generating enough power to be able to keep operating. Thanks for the help!