• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skycar carcasses anyone?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I am looking for one or two skycar carcasses for a project. Just the shell & sheaves is all we need.

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
There was one at Sayward, BC when I was there about 10 years ago, it looked like it was part of a logging iron collection on display so they might still have it but likely won't want to part with it. It looked pretty complete too. I can try to dig up some pictures of it if you would like to see them.

Diamond Danebo

Occupation
Equipment operator
Here's the pictures of the unit I found. At the time I had absolutely no clue what it was.
wow ive only seen pictures of that thing in books. it rode on 2- 2 1/4" skyline and the operator lowered the dropline to the rigging crew. it was the first man operated skycar. yikes not my first choice for a job !