• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer tires "our test"

02Vetteracer

A customer of our recommended the SKZ tires to us a few years ago and we couldn't be happier. We were killing a set of "stock" tires every year-to the point of cords showing. These tires have been the best investment to date. Our nursery uses these tractors in different ways so you can be the judge on if they may work for you. The LS-180 is our mulch/soil loader it spends it's entire life on a smooth concrete pad 5 days a week. There are over 1,000 hrs on these tires with 60% tread remaining and no flats. The GHEL 7800 is our heavy lift machine for occasional deliveries. This machine is 90% off road--dirt, compacted crushed shell and 10% asphalt (i.e. deliveries). In the 700 hrs since installed 98% of the tread remains with only slight rounding of the cleats and no flats (several nails and screws just bent over). The third machine the LS-175 is our delivery machine with 75% of it's life spent on concrete / asphalt and 25% at the nursery on crushed shell. This machine has 1800 hrs on the tires and the tires still have 60% of the tread remaining with no flats. I know these have worked for us, hopefully I can help someone out there that was in the same bind as us. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 636

Airchunk

Occupation
bike builder , suspenson bilder , machinist
That is an intereting looking attatchment . Is it a boom ???

02Vetteracer

yes, there are two "tree booms" one small one for the 175 that I made to fit into tight locations. Our nursery stacks palms 6-7 deep and the customers always wants the one in the back. The GHEL boom, I designed because we had to set palms onto a second story parking garage and I can make a boom quick using usable drops from our local metal supply. Usually, I see what's available then work out a design to fit our needs, customers will or then can buy it after I'm done, what ever works.

MXZ

For your application, I'd agree those tires are a great choice. Tough to beat on longevity. For an all around tire, though, they'll last good, but are pretty poor on bite and don't clean out very well. One pass through any sticky material and you've got slicks.

02Vetteracer

Yes, We don't really ever come across clay, our soils are sandy loam at best. Any ugly sites where we would encounter mud, like retention ponds or just ugly construction sites we used our T300 which did an excellent job. These days those sites are few and far between. We've been looking at a John Deere wheel loader to replace the T300 for the marginal sites. Besides I'm sure that the sites I'm calling muddy, everyone would laugh at. You would have to remove a few dozen Wal-Mart/Home Depots to find any mud anymore!!!