• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skid steer rake harrow

gwhammy

I made a dirt harrow for my skid steer similar to some of the production ones. It has five rows of teeth made of 3/8 x 2 steel plate that I hard surfaced on all three edges. Works great but using it on gravel roads and parking lots has taken it's toll on the front and back rows of teeth that you bear in with on real hard compacted gravel. I'm getting ready to redo the worn and broken teeth and was wondering if I could find a harder steel that's also weldable to not have to hard surface them. The frame is made of two inch square tubing and I can weld to any of the three sides of it.

gwhammy

Thanks, I looked for that and didn't find anything close. St Louis is only a couple hours away from me. I might go to 1/2 thick on the front and back teeth to get some more wear area.

rbrown225

Might talk to your local road department and see if you can get a used cutting edge from a grader or snow plow. Use a torch or cut wheel to cut it, don't try a saw ( will rip the teeth off). I have welded plenty of it with either 7018 or ER70S.