• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skeleton bucket is taking shape (pics)

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
Oh hi there,

It is almost done!!! Sweet.

It is 60" wide, has 6 rock teeth and heaped holds 1.5 yards. Not a whole lot of water though.

The hangers and pins will be put on next week some time.

The components were shaped and cut by D/S Manufacturing and the welding was done by HW Supplies. They both do excellent work.

Warren

Attachments

• P1040746.jpg
    P1040746.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,146
  • P1040743.jpg
    P1040743.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • P1040744.jpg
    P1040744.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,160
  • P1040745.jpg
    P1040745.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,099

Steve G.

COPPA
Occupation
Electrical
Looks nice, are you going to use it like that or make it water tight? I assume if you used it like that it would be so you could catch rocks and clumps but not sand?

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
Looks nice, are you going to use it like that or make it water tight? I assume if you used it like that it would be so you could catch rocks and clumps but not sand?

This is fort sifting stones out of fencerows and leaving the top soil behind. Our area is fairly stony and for the last many decades all the field stones have been dumped in the fencelines. Now if you want to take the fencelines out to make fields bigger you have to re-pick them. Without this type of a bucket you will lose a tremendous amount of top soil. The bucket will be used like this. I've seen some that have bolt on plates to make them regular digging buckets but I don't want that.

Warren

trukfan

Occupation
Maintenance Tech for a machine shop
That's a nice bucket. I converted a bucket off our old Bobcat 600 in to a rock bucket like that. I was to cheap to put rock teeth on it though. I just ran the slats 5" past the cutting edge, braced them underneath, and MIG welded across the tops to give some wear protection. I assume the bucket's going on an excavator, of is it for a backhoe?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That looks really good F-K-B. ;)

What are you going to drop the bowling balls in to haul them off?

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
That looks really good F-K-B. ;)

What are you going to drop the bowling balls in to haul them off?

We have only one dump truck right now. A couple dump trailers we have retired from grain to rock duty but they just aren't made for it. Going to have a dump truck cut up and made into a tri-axle for behind a tractor like the one in the pick. Likely we'll do the same to our old Dump truck as it is giving us a lot of problems lately and isn't road legal. No rules for farm trailers and our T7060's go 30mph on the road so they'd do well even if we are hauling the stones a distance.

Warren

Attachments

• P1040465.jpg
    P1040465.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • P1040466.jpg
    P1040466.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • P1040468.jpg
    P1040468.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • P1030761.jpg
    P1030761.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • P1040478.jpg
    P1040478.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,041

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
That's a nice bucket. I converted a bucket off our old Bobcat 600 in to a rock bucket like that. I was to cheap to put rock teeth on it though. I just ran the slats 5" past the cutting edge, braced them underneath, and MIG welded across the tops to give some wear protection. I assume the bucket's going on an excavator, of is it for a backhoe?

It is going on a CX210.

Warren

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, it looks like that rock bucket is going to be handy. Them boys need to hurry up and finish it, looks like you're ready to use it tomorrow. :D

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
Well, it looks like that rock bucket is going to be handy. Them boys need to hurry up and finish it, looks like you're ready to use it tomorrow. :D

HAHA, no there really isn't much of a rush. Would need to put our 400hp Steiger on the little dump trailer to get rocks out of the field with how muddy it is. LOL. Plus we're just getting into corn harvest now. Will be pretty busy until about Christmas. :)

But yes, stones is something we have no shortage of. I had to laugh, was cleaning up a fencerow that came up to the pipeline. The guy from the pipeline that came out when I called asked me when I was going to start cleaning it up. I told him I was nearly done. Had already hauled away 50 or so loads. All that was left was the bolders that wouldn't fit out the truck. :D

Attachments

• P1040001.jpg
    P1040001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 960

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I can tell by your pics you have no shortage of rocks. Your soil must be a glacial till material. :)

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
I can tell by your pics you have no shortage of rocks. Your soil must be a glacial till material. :)

Yes it is. Our farm is 5km north of the St Lawrence river. Right above NY State. That is where the Glacier stopped and dropped all the crap from the North Pole. HAHA. We have about 1-2ft of good black top soil. Then anywhere from 15 to 80ft of hardpan. Then rock. It is quite variable. Some pockets of sand, the odd ridge with rock only a few feet down. For the most part we are quite flat. Excellent area to farm.

Warren

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yes it is. Our farm is 5km north of the St Lawrence river. Right above NY State. That is where the Glacier stopped and dropped all the crap from the North Pole. HAHA.

That's funny, the North Pole flushed the toilet and it landed in your yard! But it does look like good soil. ;)

nedly05

Yes it is. Our farm is 5km north of the St Lawrence river. Right above NY State. That is where the Glacier stopped and dropped all the crap from the North Pole. HAHA. We have about 1-2ft of good black top soil. Then anywhere from 15 to 80ft of hardpan. Then rock. It is quite variable. Some pockets of sand, the odd ridge with rock only a few feet down. For the most part we are quite flat. Excellent area to farm.

Warren

How far are you from Kingston? Nice bucket!

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showpost.php?p=192275&postcount=10

I'm liking the look of the stick rake. Was that a custom make job too?
Got anymore pics of that? and maybe sizes of the steel used. (hint, hint) ;)

I'm rather fond of that root rake as well. It was made by the same two companies as the skeleton bucket in this thread. I don't know if that makes it custom or not. :D

I have a great many photos of it actually. HEHE. Video too. The rake is 60" wide, the teeth are on 10" centers. Teeth are 2" wide. Below the middle pipe the teeth are Hardox. Don't know the length of them off hand.

cab view video
YouTube - CX210 clearing trees with root rake in cab

Attachments

• IMG_6862.jpg
    IMG_6862.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_6894.jpg
    IMG_6894.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 188
  • P1020026.jpg
    P1020026.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 185