• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Size comparison Deere to Cat.

Cat-385BL

Guys this is for modeling purposes, I thought those of you in real life would be better able to help me with this one.

I have a JD Excavator 690C, mounted on a flat car for railroad use. I'd like to make another one, with a Cat Excavator, whats the equivelant model Cat, to the JD 690C?

Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Cat-385BL

THANKS, now might you have any idea of a model making company that makes the Cat 320? In diecast? 1/64th scale that is!

Cat-385BL

Thanks, I knew of this one. Sadly to get the size of excavator I need one in 1/64th scale, not 1/87th, even tho, I'm modeling 1/87th, the body and boom/stick length isn't enough......SO, I need a 1/64th 320B or 320C model in 1/64th to compete with the 1/64 Deere 690C that I have on one already.

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
oh nice better then me i work for knowone as of last week and i just spent all moring calling ever compeny around and none of them have work it sucks big time

Cat-385BL

Yeah, work right now, with how the economy is, is nearly impossible! I feel for ya man! Its a extremely tough market out there!

Tried contacting the NH DOT?

Cat-385BL

cpfrank,
THANKS! They don't show the Cat 320, that I need for the application. So......I may have to custom paint one thats extremely close to the Deere 690C that I'm trying to replicate only, in Caterpillar.

catd8t

Occupation
yeah i just picked up a job with the town of pembroke doing trash and im going to get my cdl only thing is i took a cut in pay but it bets not working and im not one to sit on unimployment

catd8t

Occupation
the city but that all changed and i walked in today and they are putting me on second foremen on the road crew i guess they like me hahaha