• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Simon 32' All Terrain Scissor Lift Problems

cretecoater

Hey guys,

I have a Simon scissor lift I'm hoping you can help me with. It is a 1995 off road gasoline model with a wisconsin 4 cyl.

The problem is sluggish controls. Steering left and right, sometimes you need to hold the stick for a while until it finally starts to move. Forward and reverse sometimes work and sometimes not. Usually if you turn the wheels and hit forward or backward it will move if you time it right.

I replaced the battery with a 12 volt deep cycle and it didn't solve the problem.

Here is the kicker.......if you have it hooked up to jumper cables or a battery charger everything works properly.

Any suggestions?

Phill

Occupation
land Survey Assistant
i would say check your grounds ? or follow your batt cables and check all the connections from the batt to were ever they end up