• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sick of the "NO TRUCKS" signs

crane operator

Every time I need to turn around, or park big equipment somewhere, and I spot a nice parking lot, there's one of those signs. NO TRUCKS

Where else am I supposed to turn around?

Anyways, I've got this new little sign fixing machine loaded up on my truck, no one has told me "you can't park here" since I've gotten it. I'm taking it with me everywhere from now on.

20191113_121117.jpg

Truck Shop

In many areas those signs popped up after the E-Log came into effect. Out of hours and they have to park, so anyplace became a camping spot. By 7:00 p.m. in the N.W. most rest areas are full.
And most on and off ramps become the end of the line for the day. If you look at most wide spots and ramp areas there are also plastic gallon jugs full of pi$$ laying about. Nice huh.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Yeah weight is a killer, but so is drivers that think they can turn around in a 'car' area!!! they wipe out all kinds of things... curbs, planters, signs, trees,light poles, bollards... the list goes on and on :( we get called to fix these kinds of things every week.

just do it

sounds like job security to you who have to do the repairs.I drove trucks for 44 years allot guys out there now do not know the term drive means they are called cab occupiers they do not even call them steering wheel holders anymore!and allot of them can not back one up.Have you ever seen the carnage they cause at a truck stop or distribution center! Oh! that is wright you get called to fix that stuff to bad you do not do onsite trailer repairs for ones that are dropped.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Job security is right!!!! we maintain a few dozen distribution centers and there is a non-stop flow of work from trucks and cars ;) it wouldn't be too bad if they'd just hit new stuff... but fixing the same things over and over again gets old:( Have straightened out a few trucks/trailers also ;) it';s kind of interesting when a trailer runs over a 900 pound landscape rock and gets it stuck under the rear wheels while dragging it into the middle of a main road!!! :eek:

Here is one that just got upsized to a 5000 pound rock!!! every bollard that was planted here has been wiped out within a week and there is so much stuff underground it limits just what you can do :confused:.... so hopefully the 'drivers' will avoid a bigger rock.... but I doubt it ;)

Yeah my finger wanted to be in the pic also... who am I to say no.
truck-rock-natoak.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Here is one that just got upsized to a 5000 pound rock!!! every bollard that was planted here has been wiped out within a week and there is so much stuff underground it limits just what you can do :confused:.... so hopefully the 'drivers' will avoid a bigger rock.... but I doubt it ;)

Yeah my finger wanted to be in the pic also... who am I to say no.
View attachment 205265

Not to be negative but as long as the rock is smaller than the truck I'm not taking any bets on that one!

hosspuller

The handicapped curb cut is just too tempting for the truckers. Makes them remember their skateboarding days.

30 years ago I replaced bollards with rocks too. They're still there. (about the same size as yours)

Truck Shop

Eleven years ago we had a driver that hit a 6" x 4' guard post and a ecology block at a DC. When the truck made it to the shop I took one look and knew something went sideways and haywire.
The previous owner owned the company at the time and believed the horse sh!t story the driver told. My assumption was the driver had a nervous break down/mental collapse. There was no way the
kind of damage done to the truck was not on purpose. The boss thought I was way off base. Well come to find out three weeks later he definitely had a melt down.