• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sick of getting knocked in head

51kw

Running a 416C cat and the support cylinders for the back window dont last more than a year. Getting them from Cat. Any one else have this problem? Any ideas?

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Convince the boss to trade it for a case or deere...........:drinkup

That happen to me once in a friends Cat and a couple excavators.

jlm335

Banned
Occupation
student/part owner of Ernie Mankins & Sons Constru
We always keep the back window down because of that in the 430D at my summer job, the boss is to cheap to fix it, so we just open up the side windows.

mailtrain

Occupation
retired crane oper,heavy equip,logger
Mighty Moe;

If you take a piece of cardboard and put it over the hole the window was in, have another person trace around hole,take the rubber out first. Then take to any shop that replaces safety glass they can reproduce that window.Also take rubber with you so they know how much less to cut the glass. I replaced a lot for auction equipment years ago. Hope this helps.

Mailtrain PS Where in N.Y. are you located

Last edited: