• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shopping for a farm use Dozer

ERguy44

most likely there is a really good independent operator who would love to come and do your work for you. pros.. 1 he knows how to do your work right. 2 it is his machinery and when it has a failure you don't have to fix it. 3 100% of his bill is tax deductable. 4 you don't have a money pit time bomb which will go off as soon as you start to use it. cons.. you have to be willing to wait for him to come. (most will bend over backwards to get your work).

the contractor could turn out to be your best friend.

I have no doubt there is someone like that out there, However I love doing this stuff around my place. One of my favorite hobbies is getting out on my tractor and tooling around the place. :)

Old Junk Man

11143Hwy 90 West Pocahontas Arkansas 72455
Occupation
retired
That John deere Rides rough as a cob. If you use it hard on a warm day it will overheat. the steering clutch drums are the weak link. Ive sheared the splines out of them more than once. Now its hard to beat a caterpilllar. A old D7 17a or 3t makes a good farm dozer. and you can easily still get parts. Get one with a cable blade and not mess with leaky pesky hyd. My farm dozer is a TD 14 A farmall stick shift and Cable blade. It cost me $500 and I bought another one for $500 for parts. Took the pair and built one good machine. I wore out a $2000 D4 7u Cat and If I could find another one cheap I would rather have the cat than the international.

oldirt

ok, I am also a pretty small farmer now and have my own cat but I got it to hire out, but now many farmers have their own iron and my work has dwindled to just what I need around my place. my cat is now mostly an expensive toy, one I love to run but it sits way too much. just my experience. still, best of luck your way..