• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shipping equipment tires across the country

BTHJR

Does anyone have any experience using carriers for shipping equipment tires size 29.5 x 25 or larger? Do shippers want them to be banded to a pallet? Who should I seek quotes from? How concerned should I be about the bead being damaged during shipping?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

BTHJR

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Try uship for odd freight, small time carriers will bid on it and gives lots of time to negotiate if time is not critical.

A customer of mine has freightera.com, I use them for more normal types of freight, you can always call and discuss, they will know what gets better rates.

joe--h

The seller has no shippers? If they're selling those they must have a way to ship to you?

Joe H

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Shipping large tires is expensive, because they're bulky for their weight. So you pay on cubic measure, not weight. Nearly every regular freight operation I have dealt with, wants freight items on some form of pallet.
With general freighting, they use forklifts to handle everything that can't be lifted by one person, so if you send a tire without it being palletized, it is quite likely to end up with fork tine gouge marks in it.
There are shippers who specialize in transporting large tires, these companies know how to handle, stack and carry earthmover tires, and they're a better company choice for shipping tires. Always pick shippers who are familiar with the type of freight you want to ship.

https://www.heavyhaulers.com/equipment-tire-transport.php