• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shims for Wain Roy XLS Quick Coupler

BulldozerRay

Occupation
Equipment Operator/Driller
My new to me JD 410G just came with fairly worn QC. Every thing I've found so far states that it's designed to have shims added but no diagrams or instructions. I can shape some appropriatly measured peices of steel and try to make something work...I would appreciate some input from someone with some experience with these Quick Couplers...
Thanks

BulldozerRay

Occupation
Hopefully you can tell from these...

Attachments

• WR QC 1.jpg
    WR QC 1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3,103
  • WR QC 2.jpg
    WR QC 2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,825

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
My WR couple looks the same as yours. I bought the coupler new right after I bought the hoe. It didn't come with any shims or have any directions that mention shims, or any directions for that matter. But it certainly could use some shims, like you I've been thinking of making my own. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

BulldozerRay

Occupation
Got a nearly new 24" HD dig bucket coming for it...I'll see how that fits...I may just get the QC built up a bit...Still open to any info and I'll share what I find out or do...

BulldozerRay

Occupation
Put the nearly new C&P HD bucket on and it fits pretty tight...I could see on the XLS bucket where the shims should go ...Should be easy enough to make some... at the time when I was looking for buckets...None of the XLS bucket were photograghed to show where the shims go...Regular WR and others made to fit don't have the shim pack...