• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shifting problem

CalebT

case 480c backhoe, the other day it wouldn’t go into forward. I had to get under the machine and manually put it in forward to get to a better spot to trouble shoot what was wrong. A linkage was fisheye bushing was busted so I fixed it. Now it still will not go in forward all the time. But with the machine cut off It will shift into gear fine, you can hear it engaging forward, neutral, reverse and when I first crank it up it will shift in both directions fine for about 4 times then I’ll have to cut it off and crank it back and it’ll shift fine for a few times. So on and so on. Just seems like it won’t shift into forward while running after a few back and forth shifts. I know it sounds crazy but maybe someone else has had this happen? Any help would be appreciated.