• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shift control cat 120h

slevytruck

Good day

Im having problem with my cat 120h I bought and installed new shift controller due to code 668-2 transmission shift lever.
Now the problem its after installed the new part, the engine dont start but with the old one the engine start.
I dont know if the new part have to be configurated

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Part# installed: 452-9831
That is an updated Part Number requiring a separate power supply to make it work.

Refer to the attached Service Magazine M0114337 detailing the upgrade and Special Instruction M0085139 which gives instructions on how to install the independent power supply.

Attachments

• M0114337.pdf
    291.1 KB · Views: 14
  • M0085139.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

slevytruck

Thank you, new power circuit was installed successfully, but the new shift controller have the same code as the old one 668-2 & 764-5 and the computer doesn't read from shift 1 to 5 only reads 6.
All wires were check but the problem persist.

Nige

764-5 is the transmission indicator lamp shorted to ground.
Possible cause are the lamp is burned out, a fault in the wiring harness, or the transmission ECM is faulty.

Do you have an electrical schematic or access to ET.? I would be interested to know what Part Number of software is in the transmission ECM.

Last edited:

Nige

That's the latest available software. The 258-5484 contained an update to reduce the number of potential causes of the 668-02 Diagnostic Code.

I'm sorry but I am lost at this point. The Code you have indicates that the shift control is bad but that is not logical because the control is new. Apart from trying the new control in a different machine to see if it works I really don't know what to suggest.

slevytruck

Yes thats correct, was the 10-pin CONN15.
Plug was replaced and now its working properly, no more active code.
Thank you