• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sheared/Snapped bolts on the drive motors of a Rammax trench roller

Armalite

I had hydraulic fluid leaking from between the front rollers. So I took off a roller/drive assembly to find 3 out of the 4 motor bolts broke and 1 on the other drive motor was broke also.
What might have caused this?
001 - Copy.JPG

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Not to be a smart ass but probably vibration. Those trench rollers take a beating internally and externally.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Can't say for sure myself, but just a few guesses, bolt fatigue, bolts torqued too tightly, and what CM said...anything that jumps around like a Mexican jumping bean on steroids is bound to rattle things loose or break a few things.

Armalite

Thanks guys, TBH it's kind of a relief to hear that it's just "The nature of the beast" .
I guess I should have asked in the first post but does anyone have a favorite place for Rammax parts?

Legdoc

I confer with the above. If an assembly gets a bit loose the bolts can shear. Prior to re-assembly consider running a sharp quality tap in. Don't forget to properly torque?
Legdoc