• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

service tech manual

conawaylk

I have been told that serial# 6GK is what is used when getting parts for the 312 excavator i do not know.My main problem is I can start the machine the lights on monitor will not come on but i have track movement and boom movement. Until lights come on monitor i can not ideal it up and after monitor lights up i can throttle it up some times with the throttle knob but most times i have to flip the auto manual switch and throttle it up witch the switch is on your right side in back.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It seems that I am one of the experts, but I will freely admit that excavators are not my forte.
I was hoping one of the other forum regulars who is more into excavators would chime in to your thread. Their silence leads me to believe that you're fresh out of luck. I looked in the Cat system everywhere I could think of and found a grand total of zip.
My last chance in the Cat world is an email to someone I know. Maybe he can come up with something.
Posted below is the main source of cross-reference information for Japanese-built excavators. If you refer to Table 4 you will note your 7DK-prefix machine is not even mentioned, the list skips straight from 311 to 315.

Another thought. These guys sell Service Manuals for Cat machines but they do not list one for 7DK. However if you contact them direct using the link on the page they may be able to come up with something. https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=7DK02186

Attachments

• SEPD1884 Commonality Chart.pdf
    264.1 KB · Views: 6

HannahMurray

It seems that I am one of the experts, but I will freely admit that excavators are not my forte.
I was hoping one of the other forum regulars who is more into excavators would chime in to your thread. Their silence leads me to believe that you're fresh out of luck. I looked in the Cat system everywhere I could think of and found a grand total of zip.
My last chance in the Cat world is an email to someone I know. Maybe he can come up with something.
Posted below is the main source of cross-reference information for Japanese-built excavators. If you refer to whatsapp backup Table 4 you will note your 7DK-prefix machine is not even mentioned, the list skips straight from 311 to 315.

Another thought. These guys sell Service Manuals for Cat machines but they do not list one for 7DK. However if you contact them direct using the link on the page they may be able to come up with something.

Order a 3408 or 3412 harness as it has the Deutsch ends one on end but made of the old reliable wire and ends. Cut off the deutsch ends and then add in your own quality wire with high strand count to make the rest of the harness. Been fighting the same issues (more so your other thread with wires breaking) for over a year. This will bridge the gap till Cat can get proper harness again. They are well aware of it and scrambling but till all stock is flushed and new stuff produced this is what we have