• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Service Manual Trading Post

Hurricanes298

Recently purchased my first 1996 Mustang 960 skid steer. Has more problems than first thought. Anyone who has any service/repair manual PDFs and/or parts manuals, could really use some help.

123paw paw

Occupation
Fleet manager
OK guy's I have a cat D3C, D4C ,D5C ,series 3 hystat service manual brand new that I would like to trade for a case 580 super e service manual

bchebs

Wanted to give a shout out to hosspuller for providing me enough pages to help me troubleshoot my issue. Background - My father in-law and I worked on this. Neither of us are mechanics by trade. Between the two of us we have a general understanding of things, can read and follow directions. Issue - when I turned the key, it would click but not crank the starter. We were not afraid to take this on. We jumped out the starter relay and the machine started. We were confident that it was the starter relay and I purchased a new one on eBay. After removing the old relay - one wire off to one wire on the new relay I had nothing, not even a click. That should have been the first clue, more on that later... At this point we were getting frustrated and decided it was time for some google-foo. I found this post https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...hn-Deere-310D-electrical-problems-please-help! in the forum. Upon reading this I got worried and thought the worst, critters chewed the wiring harness. I decided I really needed to get my hands on the TM1419 manual for wiring schematics. After posting a request and receiving the starting circuit pages from hosspuller, we set out to test each stop along the starting circuit.

Each step had passed the test, even the starter relay. Only problem was the starter relay would not do its job?? We decided to take the starter relay off and bench test it. The old unit and the new unit lined up side by side. We added power and ground to the old unit and it popped off but we could not get continuity between the two posts. The old one was clearly broken. We set up the new relay the same exact way and nothing happened. At this point we were totally getting frustrated and out of chance we removed the ground from the peg and put it on the back of the relay and it popped! OK - so we thought there might be a grounding issue. We went back to the tractor, installed it and ran a ground wire straight from the battery to test this - nothing. At this point it was time for some turkey and we called it a day. I could not stop thinking about how these two parts are exactly the same but not operating the same. The next morning I removed all of the wires on the starter relay and ran positive and negative leads directly from the battery. I clipped the negative to what should be the positive and touched the positive to what should be the negative and the relay clicked. Holy crap! The new relay was not OEM and the wiring was the exact opposite as the original part. After finagling the wiring harness a little I got it hooked up and I'm back in business. After looking back I should I known immediately when I switched out wire for wire I had an issue, could have saved a ton of time. On a good note I will say that it was a great learning experience and good bonding time with my father in-law. This may have been a no brainer for most folks but I figured I would post my trials and tribulations anyway.

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
I260hs-a

Over here, just bought a http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/0/6/62-international-harvester-260a.html
from an auction...was told it moved forward and starts, but will do neither without help!

The issue I hope to tackle is the locomotion... It is a hydro transmission. You know the possibilities: cavitation, plugged ports, plugged filters, poor linkage adjustment, bad pump, low oil? ISO manual and parts book! All the best, B

Oh, the linkage is for sure a problem as shown in this pic where the driver had the linkages lock, he said under the brake, and it almost drove off the far end of the trailer. It travels reverse better than forward.

IH260_Almostofftruck.jpg

Last edited:

Gibbo

Hi Everybody,

I have a Case 590SM Series 2 and a 590SM+ Series 3 and in need of service manuals. if anyone has the in PDF that would be a massive help
Thanks
Gibbo

cinahcem

Hi, I am looking for a few PDF service manuals to buy
Fiat Hitachi FX250LC Excavator
Agco 9745 Tractor
7210 John Deere tractor
If someone could help that would be great

dcvee

Occupation
OPS Manager, Mech. Eng.
Looking for information tech manual TM1497 for my JD 310D 1996 4x4 turbo. Need to replace/rebuild the reverser and torque converter soon. A point in the right direction for the correct technical information will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

oegibson@aol.co

I have complete Case 320 parts manuals. Looking foir a repair method for the hydrolic pump drive coupler on a 148 ci case and method for in tractor sleeve removal.

Thanks